The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Squeaking Rear Boot

a98pmalcolm

Hey all, for a we weeks I noticed a annoying Squeaking sound coming from my boot while driving on not so smooth roads (so most of the time)

Before I got home last night I wondered if it was the boot lid rubbing against something so while on the road I popped the boot open so it unhitched and it stopped.

So would that be the boot rubbers? I did them changed about 8 years ago..

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Try cleaning them and a light lube or maybe blue tac just to see if that cures it like driving with it popped did. If the lube works fine if the blue tac then you can look into renewing the rubbers or slightly building up the rubber ie something more permanent that does the job of the blue tac

Its got to be the rubbers need changing again, assuming you did the full set last time and not just the bottom one then you'll know the essential step to get the channel rubbers off. If you didn't change the channel rubbers last time then that'll likely be why the tailgate is rubbing.