The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Valuing my supra please

ripped_fear

This is strictly for agreed value on my insurance I'm not selling.

Car is a K reg TT6 from factory, and has covered around 80000 miles from memory and is currently full BPU.

Car has been re sprayed in a Lexus blue, and over the last 6 months have done extensive work to it, totalling to around 8k this has included mechanical and cosmetic bits, including only the best people and genuine Toyota parts or Branded after market parts.

What sort of price do you think I should be saying to Sky for agreed value? I was thinking between 12-14k?

Some pictures of her as she currently sits.

attachment.php?attachmentid=212066&stc=1&d=1463908392

attachment.php?attachmentid=211954&stc=1&d=1463431951

attachment.php?attachmentid=211175&stc=1&d=1461166792

attachment.php?attachmentid=211179&stc=1&d=1461166837

Agreed value is exactly that (how much it would cost a company to replace all the things you've done at an agreed cost)

You'll find that the insurance company will ask you to provide a value based on receipts etc that you've spent on the car. So for example, in my case, Sky wanted all my receipts and invoices for all the items I've bought and fitted.

Ultimately my car, which is a stock TT (engine wise) Auto GZ Aerotop is currently valued at 19k agreed value (my receipts where slightly more) but I didn't want to seem like I was pushing it.

So it's not much of a case of what people think, you need to add up what you've spent. Along with receipts for proof.

Start with a TT6 of similar value (base car) I'd expect you're at 16k before even adding in anything extra you've spent.

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

Thanks guys for all the advice, agreed valuation is not somthing I have ever had dealings with, and for now Im going to have to wait a couple of weeks as my daily drivers has been hit and looks like its going to affect the supras insurance too even though I wasnt at fault and not even in the car!

The general consensus is I should be going by cost of rebuilding another supra to the same spec should the worse happen, not its market value then I take it as there is no way she is worth over 17k surely!

Only issue I have is the paint work was all done though my dad at the garage so no receipts for this spent, however I have a good 4k+ of paper work for parts plus all the paper work from the previous 2 owners

How you should value it with insurance is how much it would cost to get a car in identical condition as yours. Seeing as yours looks mint and three is nothing really on offer that matches it in this country then you'd have to import one. This would be costly and it wouldn't be the spec of yours so add that on too. That one TT6 is for sale for 16.5k so it's at least a required value of that.