The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Men and motors TOTB 2002

dangerous brain

Just watched men and motors ten of the best coverage of 2002. All I can say is what a miserable performance most of the cars put in on that day. The cars in last years event would have utterly destroyed everything in sight. Its amazing that the performance car scene in this country has upped its game plan so far that instead of late 13 second runs on average they are down around 11. Its even cooler to know that supes thanks to alot of the daddies on this forum have put in respectable times beginning with 10.

Next years events should going on the growth rate seen over the last couple of years be absolutely fanbloomintastic :D Won't be long before the UK runners start to compete succesfully on the international floor.

All I can say is what a miserable performance most of the cars put in on that day. The cars in last years event would have utterly destroyed everything in sight.

The 2002 times were over 500m so are not comparable (and were not miserable either - our best times only made it as far as the cutting room floor). A lot of the cars that were there last year were also there in 2002 when it was the first event of its kind in the UK - did anyhone notice the difference in the size of the crowd?

The 2002 times were over 500m so are not comparable (and were not miserable either - our best times only made it as far as the cutting room floor). A lot of the cars that were there last year were also there in 2002 when it was the first event of its kind in the UK - did anyhone notice the difference in the size of the crowd?

Ah I thought it was a bit odd that the times were all so high. So did they change the running to a 1/4 mile for the subsequent events?

BTW I wasn't having a dig at the cars that were there it just seemed that they were comparatively slow considering the power that they were running but the distance thing would account for that.

Ah I thought it was a bit odd that the times were all so high. So did they change the running to a 1/4 mile for the subsequent events?

BTW I wasn't having a dig at the cars that were there it just seemed that they were comparatively slow considering the power that they were running but the distance thing would account for that.

Yeah they changed it to 1/4 mile after that one. Shame - as I thought the extra distance gave the 2wd a chance to catch up with the 4wds. I suppose it's best to do 1/4s though seeing as it's really the standard.