The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another what's-it-worth thread

Homer

Not for sale just yet, but I need some ideas on what I can redeem from the car (once the best parts of the car are fitted to my other one, below is the car spec after the nicer parts are swapped for stock. It will be fully MOT'd and in road worthy condition)

1994 NA 5spd Silver Aerotop Supra

- CAT D from 2003 or around then. Very minor damage to the front slam panel which was replaced.

- Previously owned by 'Dude', ex 10 second drag car

- Originally a TT GZ Auto (but now with an NA and 5spd)

- w58 trans with a Stage 2 Competition clutch and pressure plate

- OEM spats and skirts (Skirts have some damage and need a repair, thanks wife)

- HKS adjustable height suspension (fronts refurbed with new rings, adjusters, rears not)

- Stock 17in wheels with stock sized tyre's (wheels need a refurb). Tyre's are nearly new.

- ABS

- Non-LSD diff

- 'Jspec' brakes

- 'Big' stock radiator

- UK glass Headlights

- Facelift front indicators

- TRD cutout front wings

- Re-painted dash panels in graphite, great condition

- Completely unknown mileage, but assumed to be low, probably less than 80k miles (MOT says 66k Miles)

- Chassis condition is good aside from some outer sill damage, no rust

Issues:

- Paintwork is terrible, the panels don't match, different shades of silver. Lacquer lifting on rear bumper. Paint peeling on front bumper. It needs a full respray.

- Some small rust patches appearing on the tailgate and aero roof

- Clutch judders on initial engagement, suspected bent input shaft on the w58. It occurred before and after the clutch & flywheel change. It drives fine and has been for around 5 years.

- PAS cooler lines need replacing

It's probably the worse supra on this forum but I still expect it to have some value as it's an aero and having a 5spd. Any thoughts on value as a whole package? I do expect it's worth more parting it out and scrapping/selling the shell.

Guest Ec1202014

Was gonna say surely it would be better to break that one?

I'm all for keeping Supras on the road but that sounds about past it unless it's peanuts...

P.s I'll buy the suspension :innocent:

It's hard if you want to sell as is then low imo maybe 3k if lucky.

However if you have the time to break I reckon it would return half decent money.

/QUOTE]

Sounds about right, maybe even £2k. As you said, should be worth more if you break it. The W58 boxes fetch reasonable money these days, but this one has a bent shaft.

What does Keron pay for a breaker N/A? I would find out from members or direct from him, and use that pricing as the worse case scenario. Anything more is a bonus, but don't underestimate the time, mess and sheer hassle of breaking a car. Once the major bits are sold the logistics of receiving a PM, finding, removing, packing and posting a £5 widget only to be told it's not what they meant, it's the wrong colour or their granny in Marrakesh has left them one in her will often make it a loss leader. As any breaker will tell you it can tip a rational person into barbiturate usage.

The fact it's an Aerotop, pushes the price up, let's be honest the bad point's aren't really THAT bad, you could have a nice paint blow over for £1500.

In good condition, with it's original TT lump in it, it'd fetch an easy £10k all day long, even as a CAT D.

I'd go at £4k

Thanks or the replies, but 4k for this car is widely optimistic (As much as I would like that to be true!). It does need a respray, Christian (Invisible Touch detailing) looking at it a few years ago and said it wasn't really worth mopping.

What does Keron pay for a breaker N/A? I would find out from members or direct from him, and use that pricing as the worse case scenario. Anything more is a bonus, but don't underestimate the time, mess and sheer hassle of breaking a car. Once the major bits are sold the logistics of receiving a PM, finding, removing, packing and posting a £5 widget only to be told it's not what they meant, it's the wrong colour or their granny in Marrakesh has left them one in her will often make it a loss leader. As any breaker will tell you it can tip a rational person into barbiturate usage.

I fully agree with you! I don't have the time or patience to deal with breaking it, Keron will be my first point of call if it doesn't sell as a package, I won't be breaking it myself.