The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 N/A Supra - Glossy Red, loaded with extras - stock engine

turbonut

I've decided, very reluctantly, to let the supra go after 9 years of ownership. It's been my pride and joy with close on £10K spent on it to make a beautiful, unique supra.

I need a more practical car that I can notch up more miles on, that can handle B-roads and countryside driving. So, time to hand over the mantle to another, hopefully, proud owner to cherish and enjoy. I'll put up a few photos on this thread, please see my garage for more pics:

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

SZ 5 speed manual

Jap import

November 1993

Milage*see below

Electric adjustable heated mirrors

Electric adjustable driver’s seat

RCL

NEW OEM front lights

Facelift side indicators/repeaters

Odometer – converted from KPH to MPH

Cambelt changed September 2015

‘Hornet’ Thatcham Grade 1 alarm, 2 fobs & keys

FACTORY FIT OPTIONS:

Air Con

Cruise control

ABS

Driver Airbag

MODIFICATIONS/UPGRADES:

Suspension: Tein ‘Super Street’ Coil-overs

Wheels: 18” Oxigin V2 – Black Gloss Acrylic

Engine: stock apart from Apex’i air intake (cone filter 18mths old)

Clutch: RPS Max Street

Exhaust: Custom built, fully de-catted, polished S/S tail pipe

‘Stubby Aerial’ conversion (club group buy)

Bonnet lift: gas damper conversion

Body-kit: Varis/Bomax/Veilside

Lights: dipped beam HID 6000

Audio install: In-phase 600w amp, 1300w RMS 10” sub,

Uprated front speakers (previous owner, unknown make)

JVC head-unit: CD/tuner/Bluetooth/hands-free/aux inputs/2 USB ports front, 1 port behind

INTERIOR:

Custom black leather/alcantara front seats/red stitching & supra logo

Black leather door cards/gear and handbrake gaiters

Momo handbrake and foot pedals

Richbrooke gear knob

Dash: matt finish, stainless dials/knobs etc.

Rev, speed and dials polished s/s

Blue light conversion

*Engine swapped September 2015 after 139K miles as the head gasket blew and knackered the pistons, replaced with a ’95 facelift engine sourced by Keron at 65K miles, done less than 2K since - smooth running.

Downside: just some of the paintwork as its rusting a little around the rear windscreen, plus some kerb damage to the left skirt/spat, otherwise mint and gleaming!

Serviced/MOT to September 2016

It will be on this forum exclusively for 2 weeks at £6,000 – first dibs for MKIV Supranet members - before I go out to Piston Heads, Jap Performance magazine etc. Genuine buyers please, offers considered but nothing daft!

exactly what drift-bear said. for that price you can buy a twin turbo mk4 1jz conversion or a twin turbo 2jz auto. youve actually got no chance of selling that for that much. even the blue na/manual on ebay didnt sell, his is up for 4750 is still isnt sold and a few others. its all about the turbo'd manuals.

I hate to also admit this and trash your advert but that is way too much money for an NA with bodywork issues (rust around rear window and damaged around rear wheel and spat)... that money is well into Turbo territory

Even for a Mint condition low miler unmodifed NA you are still looking a lot less than that.

Good luck though you may get lucky.

An engine swapped red NA with a different colour front bumper and a rusty rear tailgate with nexen wheels is about 3 to 4.5 k im afraid. give it a try on pistonheads as its not as model specific maybe then someone will see it and fall in love. GLWTS

An engine swapped red NA with a different colour front bumper and a rusty rear tailgate with nexen wheels is about 3 to 4.5 k im afraid. give it a try on pistonheads as its not as model specific maybe then someone will see it and fall in love. GLWTS

As the car was hit whilst parked and the bodyshop didnt get it quite right its still a high spec for an N/A as for the wheels they are actually Oxigen, retailing at over a £1,000 at the time. As for the engine, the replacement has done half the miles of the original engine and is much smoother and more responsive.

Thanks all for you're feedback: there are no NA's currently for sale and I've had such a wide spectrum of prices from those I've asked it makes pricing it very tricky.

Price now about to drop....

The problem is the owner always has a value in their head of what they've spent and what its worth to them. Buyers don't car that your wheels cost £1000 x years ago, I'm not criticising thats what they think. And there are other Na's for sale, ebay, theres a red one that wont get what hes asking, theres a silver/gunmetal one that keeps getting reduced and has been on for about 6 months. An aerotop at less that £5k. The nice black aero bidding atmo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-AEROTOP-1993-Auto-N-A-Excellent-Condition-GLEAMING-BLACK-/121987779652?hash=item1c6709cc44:g:CDsAAOSwubRXOPLL

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Supra-n-a-auto-long-mot-very-clean-well-kept-good-car-long-mot-/182131720758?hash=item2a67e58236:g:HuoAAOSwMN9XQjmd

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-Toyota-Supra-AERO-TOP-one-clean-car-/182118147156?hash=item2a67166454:g:YxEAAOSw6btXQjyG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-R-Reg-Toyota-Supra-3-0-SZ-Spec-5-speed-Manual-Silver-FSH-2JZ-GE-REDUCED-/181961875619?hash=item2a5dc5e0a3:g:uMAAAOSwf-VWbwkd

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...