The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full Respray Advice

Noz

So, after much pain and resolving a long list of issues I'm nearly back with a new setup.

Before I finish my power setup final tune I'm having a respray. In less than 2 week's, car goes in.

I was going to go 202 black. Has anyone tried any different blacks to give a deeper finish, I was almost tempted to change the whole colour.

IIRC a non standard colour puts insurance up? Advice welcome.

Geo had BMW Carbon Black. It had a blue flake through it so would look navy in direct sunlight.

I'm getting my 202 black car resprayed in 2 weeks and I have decided against staying 202, instead I'll be changing ever so slightly and adding a red flake. :thumbs:

For colour and insurance I don't think it makes much difference?

For example, I fitted a nurspec exhaust, Sky wanted another 30quid a year for that. Then I said, I've just had a £4K colour change.

"What colour?"

"Lamborghini Grey"

"Thanks, no charge for this"

Eh?

The flake idea sounds good, just been looking at new Audi's thinking the deep shine is just so nice I want something a bit special. Even though still blank.

I'll look into the BMW colours.

Any other nice blacks to consider? :)

Good to see you nearly back James!

Geo had a lovely black back in the day with a fleck in the paint. unsure what paint code it was but its on here somewhere.

My car is a non standard colour and insurance difference isnt really noticable.

It's been a long time mate, with my living abroad in Paris, and having transmission and head issues. Needless to say, I'm very eager to be back on the road with the new setup/style.

Geo had BMW Carbon Black. It had a blue flake through it so would look navy in direct sunlight.

I'm getting my 202 black car resprayed in 2 weeks and I have decided against staying 202, instead I'll be changing ever so slightly and adding a red flake. :thumbs:

Mines being sprayed black with a red flake this week:tongue::D

Honda Pirates Black, looks absolutely f*cking amazing in the sun.

As far as insurance goes you'll likely just have to pay a mid term adjustment fee if you make the change half way through your policy. It's unlikely to affect the premium, but every company is different and there's no one rule across the board with every company.

EDIT: BMW carbon black is also lovely, my friend had his S2000 done in that colour. It looks really blue in the sunlight IIRC. If you want any pics of it PM me dude.

Edited by ashloys (see edit history)

It's been a long time mate, with my living abroad in Paris, and having transmission and head issues. Needless to say, I'm very eager to be back on the road with the new setup/style.

Indeed it has. Hopefully those issues are behind you now. Would love to hear more about your new set up. Be sure to update with a thread!