The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Body decisions

Flan

Hey guys, looking for an opinion on where to go with the front of my supe. Looking at either keep the stock bumper with a whifbitz lip and the optional factory sideskirts or going ridox bumper maybe with lip and ridox sideskirts. Back end and colour will look like the pics attached.

Cheersimageimage

The trend in general for most people will be to keep to factory body kit with maybe a lip, such as the Whifbitz one.

Ellis' car has been fitted with a very subtle body kit, that retains the feel of the original whilst giving it a little flare. Might be worth considering that?

I can't recall the make of his body kit, but I'm sure you can ask him or find his thread on it.

I was thinking about going for a similar style with my car except with an RMM V2 lip (already fitted). I would ideally like carbon ridox sideskirts and a carbon diffuser for the back bumper. Looks really agressive/racecar style.

I do LOVE the ridox front bumper, although I couldn't justify paying so much for one with the carbon splitter etc. But if you can afford one with the carbon splitter etc I'd go with ridox tbh.

Also, the kit ellis has is the Twinz kit I think but they're quite rare and not readily available afaik. It's a lovely kit.

Edited by ashloys (see edit history)

That's my point. Why drive around knowing you could go over a bump and damage the bumper? I would have loved to keep my kit on but fiberglass sucks.

/QUOTE]

But, by the same token, it doesn't matter what any part of the car is made of - if you hit a bump or something equally as solid, the part that takes the impact will need repairing and repainting anyway.

The kit you're referring to is the TwinZ Kit, supplied by MVP (although this could well be in doubt according to other threads and current reading).

Mrs G has this fitted to her car and it does indeed look rather nice!

These pics are from MVP and are not her car.

Kit consists of front bumper extension plus lower valance/lip.

New sideskirts with reshaped air intakes at rear and arch hockeysticks plus sideskirt lower valance.

Rear arch extensions.

Rear spoiler (not fitted to her car)