The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Howdy all.

BarnDoor

So, I am picking up a Supra in the next few days, UK Auto Turbo with stage 1 mods that seem to be reasonably polite ones... I owned a Supra a few years ago - import that had most major bits converted to UK by Toyota when it was new (I was told)... Now - very excited at getting hold of another after a few years without - and my final choice was between a fairly new top of range jag xkr-s 5 ltr for lots of money (over 500 hp too) and a 20+ year old supra - in the end I had to go for character over luxury - Supra won easily in my heart :)

I look forward to browsing this forum :)

Hi Again, so, just picked up the car. Very nice indeed except for some obvious issues that I wish to sort asap...

I need front and rear new seats or reupholstery... Recaro speeds look nice for the front, I will have to do some more research about the rear seat though...

Boost controller is not something I've ever had before, rather like the extra sounds ! Will be taking her in to a local garage for opinion anout the settings.

I think the previous owner got their five year old to make a subwoofer in the boot and got Stevie Wonder to add some guages, and to paint up some tired dash bits...and for some reason I will never understand there are no driver vents left at all - Windows down otherwise I would have roasted to death!

Original kenwood two section stereo in place.

So, here is what is on my mind for the near future - no idea what forum to post in for advice... Will sort out my understanding of the way this site works in the near future... (Also no idea how I pay for membership and whether I should or not... Will read some more soon!)...

I would like (I think... Until I am put off by advice!!) -

To keep the pillar guages - mixture guage and water temp

To remove all the others (they just seems to be telling me turbo speeds if I have read them correctly)

and have 2 x air vents and 1 x a nice mechanical clock

Walnut trim everywhere :) not sure that is even possible

New seats front and rear or reupholstery but I reckon I can get more comfort in some new seats... Cream probably

New carpet all round and some mats

Preferably still electric in the front but would settle for manual adjusters

Leather of course, with some tasteful option to match the nce blue exterior

Alpine X800D instead of stock kenwoods, with Dab etc installed

Set fire to the subwoofer

Probably not bother with door speaker upgrades - unless I hear about any "must haves"

Keep the manual aerial operational as there is something rather fitting about that for the age of the car...

No idea if it has a cd slot or changer

Keep the annoying snooper gadget as it seems to know where all the cameras are, but retrim round it

Goto to a viper/clifford authorised centre to see about getting remote locking along with bullet proof security

Probably avoid the option to start the car with my phne though :)

My bank account is not a bottomless pit so I will pick my battles - for now will see what my priorities are across something like a spend of 4k - mostly I want cold air in my face and an interior that looks like a grown up has been involved somewhere along the way...

Will post sme photos once I know where :)