The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Totb 2016

T2 MSW

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like a serious weapon. Think I seen it at HQ in Dalgety Bay last week, full parachute set up as well.

Got any more details on it?

That's the one. Nice bit of kit

3spd auto TH transmission, full 'chute setup like you said, big Precision turbo, huge Ross Racing intake, engine built by Hodge I believe (had the SBA badge on the head). They ran out of fuel at 850hp when it was getting mapped. Needs a fuel pump and then they're aiming for 1050hp minimum. It's got a 150 shot of NOS as well.

It was about a few years ago when I saw it at Crail and then it disappeared. That's it just surfaced again now. The owner would like to see a 9 second pass at Crail.

my mate does the photography, i COULD be up for it. Im only BPU though

Same here

Power doesn't really mater guys. We are never going to get a team of 10 so the more the merrier. Its just a couple of days of hooning about and beers on the sat night.

Handling circuit is quite good fun and addictive.

This car was at HQ garage the other week it had a boost spike issue hitting above 2.5 bar at 1/3 throttle and going into limp mode. The diagnosis was the Whifbitz manifold and waste gates don't work. Infact the person looking after the car for the owner has outright removed and slaughtered all Whifbitz products and Borg Warner turbos! This was info from the newest proclaimed top Scottish 2JZ tuner.

This car was at HQ garage the other week it had a boost spike issue hitting above 2.5 bar at 1/3 throttle and going into limp mode. The diagnosis was the Whifbitz manifold and waste gates don't work. Infact the person looking after the car for the owner has outright removed and slaughtered all Whifbitz products and Borg Warner turbos! This was info from the newest proclaimed top Scottish 2JZ tuner.

People are entitled to their opinion, but plenty of members on here running Whifbitz setup with BW turbos. Infant Paul himself runs his own products and that car made 1300hp+.

Personally I think they have had an issue with a stuck wastegate or something to that effect. Bit extreme to rip off the whole turbo side proclaiming is rubbish and putting it in the bin. Please can I know the tuner so I can go look round their scrap pile and make some money :D

I wouldn't blame Borg Warner but tbh it's not the first or even second time I've heard similar comments like yours...

People are entitled to their opinion, but plenty of members on here running Whifbitz setup with BW turbos. Infant Paul himself runs his own products and that car made 1300hp+.

Personally I think they have had an issue with a stuck wastegate or something to that effect. Bit extreme to rip off the whole turbo side proclaiming is rubbish and putting it in the bin. Please can I know the tuner so I can go look round their scrap pile and make some money :D

Thats how I took it but still a shame the car didn't work at the time would have been good to see. I'd say everyone has there opinion when it comes to tuning but its still not great to hear a "pro tuner" proclaim such a thing. He slaughtered my whole project basically between the Whifbitz claim and Borg Warner which I have a custom spec S383, he did the same for the only machine shop in Scotland willing to machine my block for my stroker kit. Lol

I wouldn't blame Borg Warner but tbh it's not the first or even second time I've heard similar comments like yours...

/QUOTE]

Borg Warner are just Garret centre's I heard so should be good turbos and the EFR series turbos are said to be immense!

Thats how I took it but still a shame the car didn't work at the time would have been good to see. I'd say everyone has there opinion when it comes to tuning but its still not great to hear a "pro tuner" proclaim such a thing. He slaughtered my whole project basically between the Whifbitz claim and Borg Warner which I have a custom spec S383, he did the same for the only machine shop in Scotland willing to machine my block for my stroker kit. Lol

TBH from what you have said above this tuner comes across as a bit of a tit!

Nothing wrong with my borg warner turbo;) but wait i`m only at a shy 700.

Going to agree with Bignum, You are going to blame a manifold and an OEM turbo manufacturer ? I haven't heard any complaint about either before. I can also say I've never heard of HQ garage before either so statistically i'd be more inclined to look at the builder and tuner ;)

The tuner in question only uses HQ garage. HQ garage used to be Dastec and is one of the preferred dynos around my area. They have recently made a hub dyno so can do big power stuff properly. Its for these reasons most tuners use/hire there dyno to do the work on. They had a good rep for a bit then really bad but are coming back once again. I'm going to use them to run my engine in as it's all new parts and they can monitor it better than unknown Street driving.

Anyway the proofs in the results and thats what I go by and thats why I have used the bits I used as they have been proven before... Except the machine shop they've never done a stroker 2j and I was almost ready to send my block to England as nobody could or would do it so fingers crossed on that front. Lol

The tuner in question only uses HQ garage. HQ garage used to be Dastec and is one of the preferred dynos around my area. They have recently made a hub dyno so can do big power stuff properly. Its for these reasons most tuners use/hire there dyno to do the work on. They had a good rep for a bit then really bad but are coming back once again. I'm going to use them to run my engine in as it's all new parts and they can monitor it better than unknown Street driving.

Anyway the proofs in the results and thats what I go by and thats why I have used the bits I used as they have been proven before... Except the machine shop they've never done a stroker 2j and I was almost ready to send my block to England as nobody could or would do it so fingers crossed on that front. Lol

In this instance i'd be sending my stuff south to England, taking quite a gamble on a stroker aren't you, fingers crossed that pays off. Why has the name changed, thats not normally a good sign for a business.

It was after I had it done that he gave his oppinion on the shop so already to late if it was true. The machine shop that did the work is the oldest in Scotland or something and do all kind of really mental old and rare engines... Never a stroker on a 2jz but other engines.

I would rather not say the "tuners" name/company as I don't want to do to other people what he did to me. Theres a good chance theres a few 2jz and 1jz engines from him on here as he's the latest "expert" about Scotland and doing loads of drift cars and projects.