The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1JZ-GTE Facelift Toyota Supra

Konrad

Hello and welcome to my sale thread :)

I've got 1996 Auto Facelift Supra with 1JZ-GTE conversion for sale. Only reason I'm selling it is because I have my other V8 Supra project waiting to be finished and I could do with some funds to finish it fast and start using it.

I've done conversion myself, using 1JZ-GTE engine I purchased from Littlenum many moons ago. Timing belt, water pump and tensioner have been changed, done full geo setup, new front tires, new pads all around and service have been done 6 months ago. All wiring have been checked and corrected by Nodalmighty, It's on harness, so no wires have been cut, it's plug and play system. Car comes with private plate P9 SUP included in sale.

Bad bits:

Paintwork will need correction in few places (look at photos), front bumper would need to be repainted too (some scratches and little paint cracks).

Aircon is empty, might be a leak somewhere on one of o-rings, never got around to do it as I do not use it anyway.

Front speakers might need some attention (plastic covers vibrates when car is idling) and OS speaker is temperamental.

Car have been MOT'ed at January and passed with no advisores, speedo have been counting in km's, but I installed new speed/odo converter and put another speedo showing converted mileage.

Car sounds nice, pulls strong with no warning lights, starts up every time and looks quite good despite paintwork imperfections.

Because of all bad points, I'm looking for 4600 pounds for it, I guess it is on a cheap side, but future owner will have quite large money margin to correct all and enjoy driving nice looking Supra :)

I would also ask to respect my time as I will respect yours, so no insulting offers, test pilots, dreamers.

My contact number is 07944006665, please text me and I will call back, as I'm usually behind a wheel all day (work). Car is located in Wolverhampton.

Pictures can be viewed here:

http://s128.photobucket.com/user/Konik1977/library/Silver%20Supra%20facelift?sort=3&page=1

I really miss my 1JZ :(

During my 7 years adventure with Supra I have to admit that out of all of them (NA manual, NA Auto, 2JZ TT 6 speed, 2JZ TT Auto and 1JZ TT Auto - yes I owned all of them types :p ) I enjoy driving current one most for how responsive, rev happy and easy to control she is. I only put it for sale because I always wanted some V8 rumble in my life and that's what I'll get when my project will be finally finished, otherwise 1JZ would be a keeper. Can't afford to run both of them :(

Even with all bad bits I mentioned in original topic - it is solid car, even places where paint bubbling is present are still solid underneath, it has been like that for over 3 years without a change.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Price update, it must be cheapest facelift TT ever :p Offer valid till next weekend, then I'm going to plaster it all over ebay/pistonheads etc. I would prefer this lady to stay in a club tho :) It's sale price, so please do not ask for "lowest I can accept"

Wish I could could hold it for so long, but need cash to finish off my other Supra :) I'm suprised it still did not sell, am I doing something wrong? It's awfully cheap as it is even if there is not much to sort with her!

hi, if the arches are rusted like that, what's it like underneath?

do you know if it's had any undersealing ever done?

can you provide more pictures of the rust? I'm interested in the car but bodywork is the only offputting thing, is the rust on the front arches too?

how was the wiring done? did you use a 1jz gte loom and ecu and chop into the oem supra loom? or did you use a 2jz gte loom and injectors/ecu from a 2j?

thanks

jonny.

Hi mate, only one arch have bubbling outside but underneath it is solid. Bubbling did not expand for a last 3 years (since I got this Supra) and it feels solid underneath. Second picture with bubbling is on a front of a bonnet, God knows how it happens there, but same situation - it did not got any worse during my ownership and feels solid, nothing underneath. Three remaining arches are fine. Both rusting points are actually just a points, it's not spreading anywhere. Underneath it has factory sealing, seals are fine and undercarriage is rust free or got tiny amount of surface rust (age related, no damage). Wiring is done through harness, I did use 1JZ and 2JZ connectors and build harness to connect 1JZ to internal 2JZ loom. There was only 3 wires taken out of connectors (for AC pump and ground for temperature sensor), rest is on harness and both looms are intact.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.