The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Everyone from a Newbie

Guest nevsupra

Guest nevsupra

I'm glad to be a member, the supra's are great cars but there fairly complex and when things aren't as they should be it's better to have many minds on the matter and to rely on other owners experience. My 2JZ N/A has the dreaded high idle syndrome, I'm sure you all know it, or will know it at some time if you own a supra. At the moment I've disconnected the ICV and reverted to a fixed idle. Everything tests OK, however just during the start of the cold weather the idle sometimes has gone as high as 1800. Anyway I'll be glad of any suggestions you may offer to the cause.

Best Wishes Nev

Hello and welcome. NAs have a high idle when they're cold. 2000rpm, even 2200rpm is not unusual. Within a few seconds though, the idle should drop in stages.

yeah that, just leave it one time idling from cold and check it drops in stages and settles.

It's been a while now since I had an NA but I think that it you drive off and then your route means you don't have cause to stop for some time, the idle will still be high when you finally do, but then if given a chance will step down to a more normal idle rpm, and stay there thereafter.

Hello and welcome. NAs have a high idle when they're cold. 2000rpm, even 2200rpm is not unusual. Within a few seconds though, the idle should drop in stages.

Had me worried until I read that the high idle was normal, just lots of 'automatic choke' until it warms up, and as you say soon slows after maybe a minute or so when its warmed.