The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone on here I can send my Motec to?

marc_p

Just a quick one, I need to rule out if my Motec got water damage, it may have shorted and cleared itself of the map/data, or it may be terminal, or my fault may lay elsewhere. Is there anyone on here that I can send it to with the appropriate Motec leads to plug it in and see if it even powers up?

Thanks

You could open it up? And look for water damage on the board? Unless it's under warranty as this would void it.

I try not to dabble in electronics, so unless water visibly came out, I would not know what I'm looking at.

If you have the pinout can you not download the software, power it up and try connecting to it?

Unfortunately, I don't have the specific Motec USB lead, otherwise I would

Send it to Motec themselves, they have all the gear to test it out, and are very helpful

• Twyford Mill
    Oxford Road
    Adderbury
    Banbury OX17 3SX
    United Kingdom

• Phone number +44 1295 811076
  • Business website moteceurope.co.uk

That's great, thanks Chris, I'll give them a bell this afternoon :)

I can easily power it up and see if the PC communicates with it, but to test all the inputs and outputs would be tedious for me, trivial for MOTEC as they have a proper test bench ready set up. I STRONGLY suggest you immediately put it in an airing cupboard or somewhere dry and warm, leaving it damp inside will cause rapid deterioration. If it has had salt water ingress I'd fear the worst, but it was clean, freshwater, it probably has an excellent chance of drying out and working fine.

I can easily power it up and see if the PC communicates with it, but to test all the inputs and outputs would be tedious for me, trivial for MOTEC as they have a proper test bench ready set up. I STRONGLY suggest you immediately put it in an airing cupboard or somewhere dry and warm, leaving it damp inside will cause rapid deterioration. If it has had salt water ingress I'd fear the worst, but it was clean, freshwater, it probably has an excellent chance of drying out and working fine.

Thanks Chris, it was rain water, my own stupid fault! It was taken out the car and taken inside to dry out, put back in the car, but now the car wont start, just turns over. It could be the ECU or somewhere else in the electronics, but think it'll be easiest to diagnose the ECU first.