The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High quality car cover for Supra?

JackyBoi

Hi all - firstly I KNOW that this topic has been covered many times before but cannot for the life of me find the thread!

Anyway I need a car cover for my Supra as I'm restoring the paintwork and figured it'd be a good idea to keep it covered when I'm not driving it. Ideally something that won't scratch it to buggery in the wind and doesn't cost an absolute bomb! What do you guys recommend? Thanks all :thumbs:

(P.S. If someone can find the thread just post it here!)

Yep all covers scratch I use a valet style wafer thin plastic cover that weighs nothing every winter but the car is stored in a heated garage

I bought a duvet cover and cut it around the seam so it opens up twice as long. It weighs nothing and is really soft too but again mines in a garage.

I had one like this for about a year when I had to have very quick storage.

Winter= condensation and drips on everything and water mist on car

Summer= HOT greenhouse

Ok you can open it up and air it/vent it but it's not the best but as for you restoring a car it's very good as you can still work on your car in the rain & wind as it will give you cover and spare space to move around and sort paintwork etc out

And when done just zip door up no messing around with putting everything away as still covered

The one I had had 4 ground anchors and was pretty good at withstanding the wind flexed a little but still solid

Hope it helps

Edited by supra900bhp (see edit history)