The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk car Servicing etc info needed

Guest hazman

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a mkiv uk supra very shortly, just have a few questions about servicing etc?

1. How often do would i need to service the car?

2. How much do services cost on average?

3. Is it ok to take the car to the local toyota dealer?

4. is there any other costs i should think about before buying a supra excluding fuel and insurance ?? or do they seem to take care of themselves?

5. are oil changes or anything similar needed regulary ??

Many thanks

Andy

Hi all

I am thinking of buying a mkiv uk supra very shortly, just have a few questions about servicing etc?

1. How often do would i need to service the car?

2. How much do services cost on average?

3. Is it ok to take the car to the local toyota dealer?

4. is there any other costs i should think about before buying a supra excluding fuel and insurance ?? or do they seem to take care of themselves?

5. are oil changes or anything similar needed regulary ??

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

1. Oil / filter every 4500 (most owners do it every 3000 coz we look after our cars :D ) A services every 9000, B services every 27000

2. Oil / filter cost depends on the oil/filter you buy roughly £30 oil and £10 filter plus labour, A service about £150, B service about £220, timing belt every 63000 (£300ish service)

3. Different people have had different experiences with thier local Toyota dealers...mines seems pretty good.Also see http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=33356

4. Engines pretty much bomb proof, but be prepared to get the power bug

5. see above

Hi Andy and welcome to the club.

You don't say if you are considering a TT or N/A. My answers are based on a TT

1. Every six months

2. This depends on who you use:

Toyota charges: "A" service £153.00, "B" service £175.00 and a "B" £231.00. A cam belt change is £138.00 All prices are based on my service history and may vary and do not include VAT.

3.Opinions vary greatly on this one, good Toyota/Lexus dealers are best sourced via recommendations, some are good, some not so. There are also some good independants out there, in particular Chris Wilson (do a search for his details) It comes down to choice really.

4. Supra's are generally very reliable, with proper servicing and maintainance they will cover big mileages.

5. Yes, in particular on the TT, every six months is recommended, or perhaps sooner if you cover a lot of miles.

Enjoy the club and good luck with finding yourself a nice Supra.

hi mate welcome

Getting a uk car serviced is not a problem

when the car was first released in the uk it was only released through Lexus

dealers. these were the only people "officialy" aloud to do the service

My car since new has been seviced at

Mann Egerton (Inchcape)

sir frank Whittle road

Derby

when ever I buy parts I ask for discount and I always get between 10% and 15%

what part of Nottingham are you from I could help you look for a good supra if you like