The mkiv Supra Owners Club

spare tyre

salaar

yeah also, an RAC call out guy was saying if you don't have a spare wheel they won't help, because you haven't taken proper care of your vehicle, although newer cars come without tyres as standard to reduce weight, they have a universal tyre to fit all, I rang up the RAC and they said as long as you have the tyre foam it should be okay and they will help, although when I read the terms and conditions, any costs incurred for NOT having a spare wheel will not be covered by RAC, a little confusing so I'm not sure what to do.

I would have thought having breakdown cover should cover you regardless of whether you have a spare or not, they can take you to the nearest garage, but you're right about timings and location, don't wanna be stuck!

Never understand the removal of a spare, in my 5 years of ownership of my old supra I used my spare 5 times from memory. Not sure if I just have bad luck or not, but have used spares on all my cars at least once. Seems like a pointless exercise simply to fit a speaker or to reduce weight.

If its just for a sub then build a small removable boot enclosure. If its for weight reduction them its pointless replacing it with a speaker.

But back to your original post yes people do buy them, but not for allot. £10-£20 seems to be the going rate

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)