The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest - R154 complete conversion

Crash Bandicoot

Hi all, I'm looking for a v160-161 conversion for my newest supra,

It currently has an r154 conversion done and is in the car running perfectly.

I will be at bhp fuel fest this year in Exeter if anyone that's interested would like to see it in working order in the supra.

Has an exedy hyper single plate clutch, and brand name flywheel, all work conversion wise was carried out by a garage.

I will more than likely be taking the car to whifbitz or srd to have the conversion done to 6 speed when I source one. So will only be selling the r154 conversion when I have booked in for this.

Is anyone after a nice r154 setup?

Thanks,

Jay

I'm unsure on price until I know exactly what parts it's using, which I'm currently finding out. I know and can prove that it's done next to no miles, and can come with a brand new exedy twin plate clutch, which I may sell seperatly as the twin plate clutch that's in the setup at the mo has done barley any Milage :)

I know of a r154 conversion that went for £2800 recently. Will price mine when I find out all the needed info :thumbs:

Despite the fact you don't even have a v160/161 yet, its still on the car and no where near in a position to be sold.

Theres no price as per forum selling rules!

I think its reasonably normal for stuff like gearboxes etc to remain in the car until sold is it not? Can think of a number of members, myself included, who have sold their conversions in this fashion. I think he has indicated at a guide price of £3k or so from what I've seen so far.

With reguards to the gearbox still being in the car, I have a show, bhp fuel fest, that I'm going to on June 12th, I believe it's a good thing for people that are interested to be able to see, feel and even drive the car with the r154 setup in. They know what they're buying that way and can text it however they like. I would be more weary buying a gearbox that is out of a car and not proven to be working. Each to their own I suppose!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.