The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM ecu mapping help/places to get it mapped

cainhead

Hello,

Bit the bullet and bought a Greddy T88 complete kit from Keron. I also went for the AEM v2 ecu that he had. I have a couple of questions.

Is it worth fitting the ecu before I fit the single turbo. I only ask as I'm not going to get time to fit the turbo for a month or so and wondered if I would get any gains for now on my uktt bpu.

I take it I would need to get it mapped, and would it need remapping once the turbo is fitted. Is there a basic map that can be loaded I.e by myself for now?

Any recommendations on mappers around the SW London and outer SW M25/Surrey and Hampshire

Any suggestions are welcomed and any help much appreciated.

Also what sort of power should I get from the turbo on a stock bpu setup with the AEM ecu.

Parts already fitted.

HKS FMIC

Bosch 040 fuel pump

Blitz dual boost controller

And if my goal is a safe 550-600hp what should I be looking to upgrade. My first thougt would be injectors but again all suggestions welcomed, going single is new to me. Only knowledge I have is from what I have read over the years on here and there are a lot of different opinions.

Cheers

There's not really any point in fitting the ECU before going single as you are limited by the stock turbos at BPU levels anyway. So you won't see much of a difference if any in the car for the 200-300 pounds it'll cost to map the car.

You'll need injectors like you say to up the power, I'd say 800cc will see you safe for your power goals, maybe a little smaller even. You're covered with that fuel pump and FMIC. Do you have an exhaust? Are you manual or auto? You'll need a clutch or transmission coolers as well depending on your setup.

There's not really any point in fitting the ECU before going single as you are limited by the stock turbos at BPU levels anyway. So you won't see much of a difference if any in the car for the 200-300 pounds it'll cost to map the car.

You'll need injectors like you say to up the power, I'd say 800cc will see you safe for your power goals, maybe a little smaller even. You're covered with that fuel pump and FMIC. Do you have an exhaust? Are you manual or auto? You'll need a clutch or transmission coolers as well depending on your setup.

Have a full decat with HKS priest exhaust, and the car is a manual. It was originally a NA which had a UKTT put in it so its a W58 box. I have an RPS clutch (street something or other if I remember correctly). Could you recommend some injectors. Would I get away with drop in ones, or should I go for a fuel rail?

Thanks for the reply

Have a full decat with HKS priest exhaust, and the car is a manual. It was originally a NA which had a UKTT put in it so its a W58 box. I have an RPS clutch (street something or other if I remember correctly). Could you recommend some injectors. Would I get away with drop in ones, or should I go for a fuel rail?

Thanks for the reply

Okay well if it's the W58 box then you'll need to get that upgraded as it won't take the power hike. They tend to go bang in the 400bhp area. There's an R154 5 speed conversion just gone up for sale about 5 minutes ago that would suit your needs :) Failing that it'll have to be a V160/V161 6 speed if you want to stay manual.....pr one of those BMW box conversions that are gaining popularity.

I think you'll get away with drop ins. FIC/Bosch/Siemens etc. all tend to be good