The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Titan antiroll bar.

Crouch

I was wondering if anybody had fitted the Titan antiroll bar? I fitted the front antiroll bar and I'm not very happy with it. The bar seems almost to narrow. The mounts when tight are kind of twisted a bit right on the bend of the bar. Also it fouls the chassis rail a bit where it's folded together and seam welded. Does anyone have photos of there bar fitted or let me know if they had the same issue.

Do you have any photos of where they mount to the car as I've given up trying to upload the photos of mine after 35 mins trying...GRRR!

Thanks Gary

Shouldn't they mount to the car the same as the OE bars ?

I'd also want to know the material spec. I have had 2 cars in with very odd handling. One a Supra, one a Skyline. When I drove them the front ends were rolling alarmingly. On the ramp all looked ok until I took the ARM mounts off. Both were broken in the middle of the mount. Both cars were bought with these after market ARB's already on them. They were both painted white... On inspection the tubing was seamed and looked and filed and hacksawed like office chair material. The genuine TRD ARB kits were fine, not sure if they are available any longer. An ARB must be made of chrome moly seamless tube with the correct heat treatment. I suspect a lot of them are made of office chair material...

Chrome moly specced for the Titan bars, so that's good. I wonder if Whiteline spec the material?

BTW, there is surprisingly little difference in the torsional bending resistance of a solid bar compared to a tube of the same same OD. Most of the torsional resistance is in the outer few mm of a bar and a tube.

This is what I'm talking about you see the mount is right on the bend and you can see the twist in the bracket itself. Also you see the clearance with the seam weld and one the other side it actually bent the seam.

You're missing a couple of brackets there mate. They would bolt on where you have the bar mounted and then the bar should be secured to the brackets.

Have a look at a thread a98pmalcolm started back in 2014 about his bar installation, you'll see where you've gone wrong from the pictures he posted.

So it seems I am missing small brackets from the looks of it. The car was bought as a rolling shell and it never had the bracket as either they kept it or as it was a drag car they just didn't use the front bar. The brackets don't show up in the book I have under anti roll bar so must be listed as something else. Hopefully the missing plates will solve the clearance issue as well.

Thanks for the help folks Gary