The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Competition Clutch stage 4 (Sprung)

SupraP-Z

If it's the same as the Competition Clutch Stage 4 6 Puck Sprung I had on my 1JZ-GTE / SR20DET then the pedal feel isn't that much worse but it's pretty much on/off and quite harsh. If it's a daily driver or you don't usually sit in traffic you get used to it lol

Id say its slightly heavier than stock, but as mention above can be quite snappy. A couple of people on here have had bad experiences with then but iv had no issues with it whatsoever, only thing iv had done is replace the friction plate after having pushed 550bhp through it on a day basis for just over about 2 years including a few runs up the drag strip.

I have one fitted just now and the pedal is very stiff. As others have said it can be quite a harsh bite, although you get used to it after a while. There is little to no slip so it doesn't like it if you try to baby it/feather it, can cause some judders.

STAY AWAY.

Rubbish purely dog poop.

I had 2 melt to the flywheel in under a year on BPU! 1st one was just out of warranty so that was a waste and the 2nd one went in a month so I got my money back. There's a reason less people are supplying them. There also stiff as hell..

I went RPS after that crap and never looked back... I will find my thread just so I don't have to see another member go through what I did..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?271986-Possible-Legal-Advice-Against-Clutch-Company

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270772-Well-Its-Gone-Again

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Thanks for your inputs guys. Im hearing such opposing opinions on this clutch, i don't know what to do. Some people hate it from the get go and continue to hate it, some get used to it, some like it. I want something that will actually make driving the supe enjoyable and easy, like stock operation - anything you guys could recommend?