The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Jig Repair

Tomyspeedy

After my recent accident i'd like to repair the damage to my car.

received_10153635942315748.jpg

To do this I need to get the car onto a jig to ensure the chassis is straight and within the original dimensions.

My question is, where would be best to have this Jig work done?

received_10153636214350748.jpg

Every single recommendation is much appreciated, fancy showing your dad some pictures for me?

When it comes to seeing twisted metal alot of people will say its really bad, so i'd really like to get some professional opinions on the damage.

Ultimately it's just bent metal, it can be repaired. I'd just like to find out how much it's likely to cost to get the chassis straight if it's been bent.

Every single recommendation is much appreciated, fancy showing your dad some pictures for me?

When it comes to seeing twisted metal alot of people will say its really bad, so i'd really like to get some professional opinions on the damage.

Ultimately it's just bent metal, it can be repaired. I'd just like to find out how much it's likely to cost to get the chassis straight if it's been bent.

I will forward some on to him for you, I know they have jigged stuff before but its not a regular thing.

I will forward some on to him for you, I know they have jigged stuff before but its not a regular thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Any more pictures can be taken upon request :)

I am not a body repair person, but if it were mine I would take the trims off the sill inside and out, the carpets away from the sill area and get some good photos of that region, inside and out, and of the RH floor pan, from inside and underneath. Also close ups of the crease in the roof.

Still say it's not economically repairable. But anything can be repaired if you throw enough dosh in the right directions.

I think Guigsy, a well known member here, had a Supra jigged. It might be worth sending him a pm.

That was done here in Northampton at Brackmills body repair, you see aston martins outside that place and such :)

Shell be back on the road in no time, nothings going to be EASY when a cars been in a crash, but deal with people who know what their doing and anything can be done.

Heres some peice of mind, was worse than yours. UK spec to :)

http://community.evo.co.uk/forums/thread.cfm?threadID=43768

Kev

That was a brilliant read.

Slightly horrifying that you were able to repair it to such a unnoticeable post accident standard, but a massive eye opener in terms of what can be done.

Best of luck with your repair Tomyspeedy.

That was a brilliant read.

Slightly horrifying that you were able to repair it to such a unnoticeable post accident standard, but a massive eye opener in terms of what can be done.

Best of luck with your repair Tomyspeedy.

Anythings possible really, these cars were assembled from shaped steel peices, so drill/cut in the places toyota used and weld back in, i dont see why there would be a problem ones all is straight and welded properly. My mate built one in worse nick, the whole front was facing to the left, legs, rails the lot and it became a drag car :D

Shell be back on the road in no time, nothings going to be EASY when a cars been in a crash, but deal with people who know what their doing and anything can be done.

Kev

Nice repair, the guy has talent and patience in abundance!

Kev

Now that is awesome, wish I had the skills to do that sort of job

As said already, uneconomical to repair, but if your willing to throw enough money at it then anything is fixable.

I'm sure I've seen the measurements in the repair manuals, I can dig them out if it will help.