The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RWYB Yesterday (sat) spinning issues and drag tryes

Shane

Think I was the only Supra at Pod yesterday, was a good day and managed ten runs and was home by 4.

I seem to be stuck now at 12.8 which for a BPU is pretty good I think, especially as my car is well weighed down, cage, leather, tools, fat driver, half tank of fuel etc. But increasingly so I seem to be having traction problems, its almost certainly down to my Micky Ts getting very thin now. I have to launch just right off the line now or I spin, it spins like crazy between 1st and 2nd and again into 3rd which make me have to peddle it and lose valuable time, so much so on one pass I had to really let off and ended up being a 15!

I read last night that MTs are no longer sold in the EU due to their wet oil compound being banned in EU countries...really?

Am running 275 50 15 ET streets and love them, anyone have a pair or know where I can pick up a couple at a reasonable price? I do have a set of Avon 255/635r15 non road legal semi slick track tyres I have never used, are these going to be a worthy substitute to the ETs? image

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

I've got a set of Mickey T ET Streets 275/40/17 and they hook up really well. Theres a similar set available for sale on here somewhere, I think Chris Bailey is selling?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?330111-17-quot-Rota-GTR-S-With-Mickey-Thompson-ET-Street-Drag-Radials

Did you do a burnout on them? The difference between a good burnout and running them without is huge! I was getting 1.6 60ft with mine.

I've got a set of Mickey T ET Streets 275/40/17 and they hook up really well. Theres a similar set available for sale on here somewhere, I think Chris Bailey is selling?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?330111-17-quot-Rota-GTR-S-With-Mickey-Thompson-ET-Street-Drag-Radials

Did you do a burnout on them? The difference between a good burnout and running them without is huge! I was getting 1.6 60ft with mine.

The other thing is, running 15 inch wheels, you can lower the tyre pressures to stop wheel spin.

I don't really want to go to 17s, I keep looking at the wheels the Baileys have but but don't think they are quite what I am looking for at that price, not saying they are not worth it, but if I am going to pay that, I may as well look around for a pair of new 15" ETs if I can get them.

Yeah I am running 17psi and giving lots of burn out, I have a line lock so its easy and effective. That's a great 60' My best 60' of yesterday was 2.03 with an et of 12.89

Edited by Shane (see edit history)