The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GTE exhaust flange dimensions

jumpbike

Evening,

would anyone by chance have a CAD drawing or at least the dimensions of a GTE exhaust manifold flange.

Im looking at fitting a turbo setup from another vehicle to mine but I want to make it bolt on by having an adaptor machined out. I can measure up the manifold i'm using but my engine is currently my daily and cant be ripping it apart till the swap day.

Even if someone has a loose manifold or a head that's off and they can take a picture with a ruler across half the ports, centre to front of back. just to give me an idea of the port size and spacing to see if it will even be feasible.

Some helpful numbers would be, rough port size, spacing between the ports, distance between ports 3 and 4 as i know this gap is bigger than the rest.

thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Buy a gasket and you'll have the perfect template, you're going to need one of those anyway, unless you plan to make your own from Bacofoil and cement?

May have one of these at home from my recent single conversion. Will take a look. :)

A genuine gasket would be amazing.

The genuine ones I have on my engine and don't need a second at £5000 and also they are in 2 halves so don't know the distance inbetween. If I can get hold of an old one then I can get that last distance.

The cheap one piece ones have port sizes way bigger than the head ones and most the time a different shape. Iv debates these, I could get the bolt spacing from a gasket but the port sizing won't be right as for some reason a GTE head ports are all over the show

Afraid I haven't got the gasket still - but I do have the manifold and full turbo setup (I can't get it apart though) - so let me know if you need any measurements, although as it's something that needs to be mm precise, it maybe worth trying to get hold of one? If I could split them easily enough I'd gladly post you the manifold, but I'm trying to get rid of it all in one go.

depends how accurate you think you are. I measured up the bmw side of my conversion and the manifold was perfectly even, every port the same size every bolt hole equal distance so was very easy, a supra one looks like it was drawn blind folded, bolts are all over and the ports are different shapes and sizes,