The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-TT Options

Flan

Hey guys just looking for some opinions for doing a TT conversion. Currently looking at buying anew engine from an Aristo as they're pretty easy to come by and not too expensive although it'll take modification to fit. Would be attaching coolers to my gearbox so I can just keep that in. Is there really any other options? Also this will be getting done around the end of summer as I'm a student so I'll get a full time job in summer to fund it.

Cheers

Cost of labour is the fulcrum, if you're capable of swinging a spanner and holding the right end of a soldering iron, the only labour cost with N/A-T will be for mapping, but if you're spannerlexic, labour expenses dictate that a T.T. conversion ends up costing less.

Here are rough figures for this equation demonstrating why 'shoestring' and 'spannerlexic' can't fit into the same sentence.

N/A-T 500bhp; has been built from as little as £500 and with a Hybrid transmission and mapping adding up to around £1k.

N/A-TT 325bhp; GTE lump £2-3k, manual trans £2-5k, labour £1-2k, or for 400bhp add another £1k for BPU, or up to 800bhp with a big single etc, for around another £10k.

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies, I had been set on NA-T but the cheapest I could see it getting done was gonna be around 1500, how can I get it lower? And the main reason for NA-TT was reliability but if NA-T can be reliable even on a budget I'll definitely go for that and it'll give me some more cash for the interior.

Cheers