The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice On Pin Removal On Plug

a98pmalcolm

I need some advice and help please.

I need to rewire the pins in a plug for a switch in my car.

I haven't a clue how to remove the pins from the plug. I have tied removing the white bit off the plug and that just broke up. I also tried the usual technique of putting a screw driver down the plug to release the pin..

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks.

The white part only pulls out a short distance with help from a small screw driver, once you've done this you need to push a very thin screwdriver down the gap at the front of the pin you want to remove, nearest your thumb in picture 2 and there is a small piece of plastic that acts as a clip / hold in for the metal pin, with the small screw driver you can move this plastic clip enough to get it out the way of the metal pin and then you can pull the pin out from the back, it's a bit fiddly but once you've done one you will see it's quiet easy :) hope that all makes sense! done loads of these myself.