The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is my Supra worth

Hitbox Junkie

I'm not looking to sale but I want to have in my head what my supra is going to be worth when finished. Mainly for piece of mind and insurance.

It doesn't have any service history as it started as a bare shell from the previous owner and club member. It was then pieced together at Austec and a previous garage before that (not sure on the name sorry)

As some of you may or may not know I've had nothing but bad news since taking the car to srd and subsicquently Lee at SRD has to pretty much rebuild nearly if not every part of the car.

It will be a 3.1L T67 single 6speed manual Aerotop. The interia is flocked with a half cage.

It's eye watering and if I could go back I wouldn't of.bought the car as I could have had a decent single running by now/last year and probably still have a GF And a hell of a lot less stress.

See my thread in my signature. Hoping that Lee will bave a build thread when he has the time.

So just after honest valuations as I've got in my mind what I think it's worth just on the rarity and parts but having no service history if it was to be sold I don't know what the value would be but having said that it will been finished to the usual SRD high standard.

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

Personal visual modifications can effect prices, for example I am not atall keen on cages and flocked interiors. The original shell can impact on value depending on whether it was originally a turbo or N/A, and after that things like whether the engine is built, big brakes and whether or not it has an LSD. ChazUK sold an aerotop last year for circa 25k and it appears to have been done well, lot's of money thrown at it so perhaps you can gauge the quality of your'es against it.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2937

We all know you never get back what you put in but lack of history aside considering the recent price rises, Aerotop and single turbo 6 speed?

The price must surely start at 20k.

Chazuk went for like 22k in the end was a lovely car and was a tt shell, hitbox is an na auto shell now to me it's no bother as a shell is a shell but the purists will say that's a bad thing

If this is mint at the end then I'd say 25k

I really hope this build goes well for you mate as your a top fella mate and you deserve it mate

Hey least it's clean ;-) lol

Id say start to add up all your costs to put it together (as best you can) and see where that takes you and then compare to similar specs of cars that have been for sale to get a market value and settle somewhere in between. On initial gut reaction though I'd say the upper end of £25k at least

Chazuk went for like 22k in the end was a lovely car and was a tt shell, hitbox is an na auto shell now to me it's no bother as a shell is a shell but the purists will say that's a bad thing

If this is mint at the end then I'd say 25k

I really hope this build goes well for you mate as your a top fella mate and you deserve it mate

Hey least it's clean ;-) lol

As above depending on the final look of the car, I reckon your going to be somewhere in the 20-25k bracket.

/QUOTE]

Id say start to add up all your costs to put it together (as best you can) and see where that takes you and then compare to similar specs of cars that have been for sale to get a market value and settle somewhere in between. On initial gut reaction though I'd say the upper end of £25k at least

Personal visual modifications can effect prices, for example I am not atall keen on cages and flocked interiors. The original shell can impact on value depending on whether it was originally a turbo or N/A, and after that things like whether the engine is built, big brakes and whether or not it has an LSD. ChazUK sold an aerotop last year for circa 25k and it appears to have been done well, lot's of money thrown at it so perhaps you can gauge the quality of your'es against it.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=2937

We all know you never get back what you put in but lack of history aside considering the recent price rises, Aerotop and single turbo 6 speed?

The price must surely start at 20k.

All great comments and valuations slightly higher than I was expecting to. :thumbs: