The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello All

Guest Sea Squirrel

Guest Sea Squirrel

A warm good afternoon!

First of all a quick confession; I don't currently own a Supra and, whilst I love the cars very much, I don't see an immediate situation in which I'm able to run one on the road.

The reason for my joining is mainly to get more knowledge about the venerable 2JZ-GTE as I've recently acquired one to fit in to my JZX81. Along the way I'm hoping that a bargain Mk IV might turn up that I can replace my Jag S-Type with but I shan't be holding my breath!

I'm currently living in Bristol although a Kent lad originally. Moved here for my career; I fly the Airbus A321 for a well known tour company. I've got a passion for Japanese cars that stretches back to my first 200sx in the mid 00's and look forward to many more years of enjoying them, as long as all the fun ones don't rot away due to tin-worm first! Having spent a fair time with Nissans I've now moved on to the much more trusty Toyota as, let's face it, nothing does power quite so readily as a large turbo strapped to the side of a JZ block!

The 1JZ from my JZX81 served me well all last year but with more grip comes greater need for power and, as such, had to be replaced with it's bigger brother and that's what's brought me to your door!

Anyway, thanks for having me and I look forward to getting some great information (and hopefully parts!) from you folks.

Ben

Edit: and one of the things I'm after parts wise is this so if someone can point Adnanshah in my direction as obviously being a new member I can't contact him that would be massively appreciated.

Edited by Sea Squirrel (see edit history)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Should make for an interesting swap putting the 2jz into the jzx81.

As for buying parts from the forum, you'll need to be a club member (£10 membership fee) to have full access to contact other members. It allows the forum to trade within the safety of the forum and stops fly by night (no pun intended lol) sellers and traders etc. The £10 in itself is worth every penny for the access to the forum and the knowledge base within.

Hope you enjoy your time here :thumbs:

Guest Sea Squirrel
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Should make for an interesting swap putting the 2jz into the jzx81.

As for buying parts from the forum, you'll need to be a club member (£10 membership fee) to have full access to contact other members. It allows the forum to trade within the safety of the forum and stops fly by night (no pun intended lol) sellers and traders etc. The £10 in itself is worth every penny for the access to the forum and the knowledge base within.

Hope you enjoy your time here :thumbs:

Thanks Gordy, that's perfect. I shall get fully paid up shortly then.

And thanks all for the welcome. It's an interesting car and it's had a very odd life. First came to these shores with a dreaded RB26 in it of all things. The Americans are big on the 2J swap into the 81 chassis as they've the domestic market version over there so there's a bit of history showing it works well. Not many in the world to the spec we're building to long term though so will be very interesting