The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good hot day for "waxoyling".

herbiemercman

Just bought a 3 hp, 50 lit, 15 cfm compressor, so today was "waxoyling" day, you need a compressor with a minimum of 15 cfm, (cubic feet / minute) and 50 lit capacity, any less and you will not acheive the volume blast you require to wet out the cavaties with a fully atomised oily mist, i learned this the last time i tried to do the job with a smaller compressor, most DIY compressors are only 8 CFM, and about 25 lit capacity.

The car needs to be warm and dry,for a couple of days, you then heat up the "waxoyl" and then mix 50% with 25% engine oil and 25% white spirit. With the 15 cfm volume you can create a real blasting mist which completely coats all the cavities, doors, bonnet, tailgate, front and rear wings and the cills, and the fuel tank top and lower casing, these are all areas where the corrosion is working away without you seeing it. You have to drill strategic holes where the doors and rear wings are concerned, where as the front wings can be injected just above the hinges and the bonnet and tailgate have several holes. Plastic plugs seal the holes you have drilled when the injection is complete.

Done properly where the oily plume exits like smoke all over the body work and you know everything has got coated, then this process lasts 5 years, IMHO well worth the effort. Your car will stink for a couple of weeks once the white spirit transporting agent has evaporated "waxoyl" cannot damage rubber or plastic and when dry will not mark your clothing etc.

I have owned the car from new and carried out the "waxoyl" process every 5 years, and i do not have a spec of rust. Herbie.

Edited by herbiemercman
added extra text. (see edit history)

Why do you need to make holes?

Strip the doorcards out and you can get in all the corners. Rear cards out and boot trim and you can get in the rear. wings.

Done mist of mine pretty thoroughly, including all the chassis bad sections, and didn't have to drill any holes :)

They do tell you in their instructions to add about 15% white spirit, the oil i add is my idea, it still sits behind the wax when it dries. I much prefer drilling just the two holes for the rear wings and the doors, never liked pulling door cards off and breaking the plastic sheeting and press studs etc, it's quicker and easier and the plastic plugs just cover the holes.

Warming the "waxoyl" is also a must as well as the car being warm and dry. Owners will have their own way of doing the job, the most important thing is doing it, i posted to help members who may wish to try it. Herbie.

Hi Chris, The compressor did come with an electric drill, not sure how you knew ? however it was made in China and will only cut their steel, which is crap, it won't cut UK steel as we don't make any, anymore. lol.

I think Chris was being a little witty as you have been drilling the supra (oh-er Mrs :)) that's why he mentioned the compressor came with a free drill. He's not a mystic meg my friend.