The mkiv Supra Owners Club

R154 Shifter Extension - Useful Information & Pictures

ashloys

I just got my shifter extended on an R154 gearbox from a MK3 Supra. It needed extended by exactly 155mm to bring the shifter up right in the centre of the original automatic shifter hole, which also in turn lines up with the manual shifter surround/plastic. Also, the guy that I used to do it in Northern Ireland did a FANTASTIC job at a fraction of the price Driftmotion or anyone on the UK forums charge. So if anyone need shis info PM me.

Edited by ashloys (see edit history)

Nice!

I just thought it would be useful as I found no concrete info anywhere on the net with what length it needed extended by, if the standard tunnel worked without being swapped to the manual one and did the standard hole position on the automatic tunnel line up with manual surround.

Hopefully this makes things easier for someone doing this in the future!

Interesting, I always thought the chaser box was the way to go for the crossmember/bellhousing etc but the mk3 r154 would involve less butchering of the car then

Its 6 of one half a dozen of the other tbh, mk3 requires fabrication around the mount and prop etc. The chaser box is only really the tunnel section

The tunnel needed to be hammered up a bit to accomodate the box near the bellhousing section, but not by much at all. By all means you can change the tunnel to the manual one, but it's definitely not necessary. I was prepared to buy one, but it didn't need adjusted much at all.

No cutting or anything needed done though! :)

• 10 months later...
Nice! Interested in this how does it look fitted from inside the car (where stick sits)? Any info of where you got it done I can't send pms for some reason

You need to pay the membership fee to use the PM system, buy and sell (in the T&C's you agreed to when you signed up). It's £10 per year, maximum of £30 then you become a lifetime member or if you plan on sticking round you can pay the £30 straight off.

To pay your membership click on settings in the top right then on the left click paid subscriptions then select one from the drop down box.