The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My number plate

RobAndrews

It was on reg transfers before I owned the car, listed for £2.3k !!

Yeah and I bet they paid £250 for it from the DVLA - really annoys me how companies like that snap up all the good ones before you realise and then add 0's onto the price.

I'd give £300 tops for it.

If you had C4NNY or even C44NNY I'd be interested though :)

Yeah... and they do it as well...

The plate that was on the car when I bought it from DB was BJZ5713... so I contacted one these places to sell it back to them...they offered me 100 quid...so I jsut let DVLA have it back...can't be arsed for the £100...

Then about 4 weeks later, I made an enquiry because I was bored to find out of the plate was still around... and they had it and were selling it for £800...

Gav

It's just wrong and the DVLA should stop them buying them IMO.

I was going to get C44NNY a while ago, DVLA had it for £399 which I felt was OK (C4NNY keeps going to auction for silly money) but unfortunately a few things cropped up and took the spare cash. A month later the plate was gone and then I got an email from a reg company offering to me for £2000, my Dad got the same email (he bought C4NYS from the DVLA for £250 a couple of years ago) - I politely told them that I couldn't possibly give them £1600 profit and they sent me an abusive email saying the plate had been with a customer for 2 years and cost a lot more than £399.... riiiiiiight.

I'm sure the DVLA send details of what people are searching for to these companies so that they can snap them up - my surname is fairly rare so it's only really appealing to a handful of Canny's and Geordies but still they want silly money :)

I'll just change my name to something more exotic.

In 1995 I bought the plate M11 ANO due to the fact my company is called Milano. Never really realised just what I had bought. Up to now have had countless telephone calls and offers especially from footballers agents....who have italian footballers who want to buy it.

Current top offer 12k.

However the spanish footbalers dont want it, coz oin spanish it translates to "my ass".

Still not sold it though. Holding out for the big one.

My neighbour changed his name to R253 TDV

not really... but cheaper than buyin a plate!!

:thanku:

:D :D :D

Number plates in the UK are a total rip-off. My mate that i work with comes from New Zealand and he bought 5UTOJ (which is "Lotus" backwards) and it cost the equivalent of 80 quid. You can basically have any five characters you like for that price as long as it hasn't already been taken.