The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Face Lift

pauloakley

When I first joined this club I was hoping to get information about picking up a newer version of the car. I seemed to find out fairly soon from all the good advice that other than the few which came in before the clamp down on model reports my 1997 was probably one of the newer ones.

That said said it has been my work horse for the last four years and now has close to 80,000 miles on the clock. So I thought I would wait and see what this new one looks like next year.

In teh meantime I thought I might give mine a bit of a face lift. Besides having a couple of little knocks sorted out I wondered about the following. Anyone any ideas of best type and prices etc...or even opinions whether to do it or not.

Alloys

Respray...mine is silver at the moment but quite fancy chaging to black or red.

New Seats. have fabric at the moment, quite fancy leather.

Body kits.

any other bits and bobs which my sex it up a bit and stop me getting bored.

I'll be gutted to see her go eventually as she has never had one thing go wrong with her so anything I can do to keep her looking the biz would be nice.

Alloys

Yes, good idea. Now you just need to choose style and size. The bigger the size, the worse the ride (generally speaking).

Respray...mine is silver at the moment but quite fancy chaging to black or red.

Lots of £££s. Black cars always show up scratches the worst. Red cars can be viewed as being a bit penis-enlargement.

New Seats. have fabric at the moment, quite fancy leather.

Either purchase some (I believe there are some for sale in the 'For Sale' section at the moment) or have a complete retrim at Gibson & Boyne (a search on here will provide everything you need to know about them). If you go for the retrim you can get some other interior bits done at the same time.

Body kits.

Hmmm, yes. I'm not the best person to speak to about this, what with being a founding member of The ABC (The Anti-Bodykit Commission). You've got lots to choose from, I would suggest viewing the traders section and looking at some of their sites for ideas.

You're looking at spending quite a few thousand here though.

Only 80k? Surely only half way through life then? :D

Alloys are always a good move.

Personally I like the silver ones. You could do stuff like clear side repeaters and so on then it ends up looking really clean and tidy and smart as it's all silvery.

Bodykits. Check out the garage on here and see what you like the look of perhaps? Difficult to say really without knowing your taste.

Depending on what kit and where you get the respray done and if you stick to silver or go for a colour change I suppose you're looking at 5-6 including wheels? Only a guess though really.