The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra wanted

Sanya

Hi guys,

I am looking for a supra. My budget is 8k. I hope I can get a manual NA in mint condition or TT Auto in good condition. Does not have to be stock looking but no veilside. Colour in order of preference: White, Gunmetal grey, Black, Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver. If someone have got anything please PM me. Open for offers.

Thank you.

Best place is gumtree or eBay. Lots from a dealer around your price range

Sent from my iPhone

Best place is NOT gumtree or ebay for a "mint or good condition" Supra! You'll most likely pay well over the odds at a dealer and chances are it has been picked up by the dealer from an auction or similar bidding site and it could have multiple underlying issues.

There's always good second hand Supras coming up on the For Sale section on this forum where the history can be traced and club members can vouch for it etc.

Just my advice and 2p worth, others may disagree

No I agree on here is best but there are a few on ebay,gumtree,auto trader and Facebook but you not going to know conditions until you go see it and that's even if you know what to look on that car???? Gordy is right but here at the minute is slow for cars being put up for sale so either take a chance or wait

Best place is gumtree or eBay. Lots from a dealer around your price range

Sent from my iPhone

Best place is NOT gumtree or ebay for a "mint or good condition" Supra! You'll most likely pay well over the odds at a dealer and chances are it has been picked up by the dealer from an auction or similar bidding site and it could have multiple underlying issues.

There's always good second hand Supras coming up on the For Sale section on this forum where the history can be traced and club members can vouch for it etc.

Just my advice and 2p worth, others may disagree

Without doubt avoid eBay and gumtree, if you can, on here is best.

Best to stick to forums or reputable dealers, I've been looking at Lotus Esprits and the consensus is avoid eBay/Gumtree for those guys too - buy off forums or this website specifically for selling lotus cars.

Low cost performance cars = magnets for neglectful owners, so play it safe & avoid Trevor selling his proper mint 1993 N/A with tooning or Megaclit performancesports dealer in Low Wyoming with their fleet of japscrap...

I realise that they become rare or more appropriate, in demand. Even thought to get a skyline gtst but these went up in price proportionally. So now I am seriously considering a soarer if nothing comes up...

Have anyone had any experience turbo or super charging the 1uzfe?

Agree with everything said so far here. Patience is key!

8k is definitely too much for an NA even with the way the prices are going up. Not meaning to be boastful but I think my manual NA is one of the best on the forum at the minute and I would never dream of advertising it at 8k - just unrealistic.

This is the car in question: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?322562-Stevo-s-Refresh-Project/page3&highlight=Stevo%27s

I agree with Steve, lots of traders chancing their arm/cornering the market/prepared to sit it out, most important thing is to view some local ones or members cars to get a feel for what is good, average or poor condition. Have to viewed many so far?

I truly believe its the hardest time to buy a Supra for 10-15 years, the prices have really firmed up, the choice is minimal and the wear and tear items are only getting more worn in most cases so the risk of further post purchase costs is quite high.

Guys guys I dont have to spend all 8k [[[= If na manual in good condition comes up please send me the figure you have in mind, I will then in turn have a look, view and come up with a figure I am prepared to pay for it, or am I understanding the procedure incorrectly? [[[[[=

• 2 weeks later...
still looking?

Yes I am.

Jon sold his for 6k, manual aero top :S

Yes I know, I have seen his on a lot of pics it is a very nice car but needed quite a bit of work done to it to make it mint which scared me off. I am confident that the guy who got it will make it a mint car. I am looking at something I can use straight away without investing more in it now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.