The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Size Combination - 245 40 18 Fronts and 285 35 18 Rears

88LE

I used to have close to that rear size up front - 285/30/18 (18x10 ET44 with a 5mm spacer).

Depending on the offset of your rear wheel, and your suspension setup, you'd likely need your rear arches rolled, flared or cut to avoid scrubbing with a 285/35 there. I had a 315/30/18 on an 18x11.5 ET50 at the rear and it was ok, but I have a flared arch. :thumbs:

Does anyone run this tyre size combination? The fronts I know are ok.... not sure if the rears are.After some digging, I think most people run 275's rear. However I want the widest possible. Fronts are 8.5" and Rears 10"

Pics of mine here with with those tyre sizes fitted

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=58

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Nice.... So any rubbing at all?

Whether the tyres rub will depend on the width and offset of the wheels. My wheels were 18x9 +32 & 18x10 +32 so the wheel arches needed rolling to prevent them rubbing. With a higher offset of say +35/+40 the outer edge of the wheel/tyre will be more tucked into the wheel arch so rolling the arches wouldn't be necessary.

I rather not have the arches rolled. Its standard UK suspension. Rears are ET45.

With 10" +45 rears 285 width tyres won't catch the outer wheel arch, inner wheel arch clearance I'm not so sure about. If you fit the wheels you should be able to judge how much inner clearance you have. 285/35R18 tyres will have a sidewall height of 100mm.

Guest Budz86

I run a 245/35 at the front and a 275/40 at the rear on mine. Fronts are 9 inch and rears are 10, but not sure of the offsets off the top of my head. Rears needed to have the inner arch lip trimmed off but fronts could do with a 10mm spacer to get them sitting flush. Not sure any of that helps without the offsets, although my rears are no where near a et45

• 10 months later...