The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats it worth

javedghafoor

I have got a 1997 twin turbo manual rz-s supra here its a facelift non vvti in 199 quicksilver its got around 85k miles on it and I just wanted to know whats its worth in the current market

mods

larger 4 pot brakes and smaller j spec rears with braided lines

bomex side skirts

oem spats

rota grids

hks kansai service strut bar

aragosta suspention

greddy front mount intercooler

cat back exhaust

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

78.jpg

80.jpg

81.jpg

Edited by javedghafoor (see edit history)

This is not quicksilver, and those are preface lift headlights.

Any reason why the bumper lip is out of shape?

I see a £10-£12k car here, just from first glance. Others will tell you it's worth more £20k, but you decide what you wanna hear :).

Looks like facelift front lights to me? It's just they've seen better days is all. 4th picture is just glare/reflection making them look different

Definitely not. They have the in built side markers, and the position of the lamps is quite distinctive. Definitely pre facelift.

The headlights I thought were the facelift ones cause they came with the car and it all the signs facelift dash with the 3 small dials in a triangle and the red and orange side lights were in the right places and the car was registered in japan February 97

the bumper lip was scraped one day coming out of the drive as we have a big tree that is raising the pavement up just outside the house

as for the quicksilver colour I always thought they was like two grey/silver colours for the supra the 199 and 6NO

So it's dodgy as to year, wrong headlights, wrong colour, bottom torn out by a tree root, awful dirty wheels, parked at a funny angle and the main interest is in the strut brace and the HKS Kansai, (whetever the *$#~ that is, sounds like a curry). Probably best broken for spares and worth about £1600 quid on a good day, as all the members over value their cars to a ludicrous degree. Bet you're glad you asked in here, aren't you? ;)

The headlights I thought were the facelift ones cause they came with the car and it all the signs facelift dash with the 3 small dials in a triangle and the red and orange side lights were in the right places and the car was registered in japan February 97

the bumper lip was scraped one day coming out of the drive as we have a big tree that is raising the pavement up just outside the house

as for the quicksilver colour I always thought they was like two grey/silver colours for the supra the 199 and 6NO

It is a facelift car, but it has been fitted with pre facelift headlights for some reason. Sometimes this is because they have been damaged in an accident, and it is repaired cheaply.

It is a facelift car, but it has been fitted with pre facelift headlights for some reason. Sometimes this is because they have been damaged in an accident, and it is repaired cheaply.

Or taken off and flogged for a few quid before the car was sold.

Well you have taken photo 1 on a dull day in a car park the front bumper looks damaged and headlights look faded. Photo 2 is a low resolution take after sunset, photo 3 is taken in the rain. Photo four shows a, not been cleaned in long while engine bay (taken on a rainy day) and photo five is showing some limp cloth seats. The rear seats look worn and scuffed and there looks to be some marks on the interior plastics in the corner?

It is hard to value something If you don't care about it enough to give us the service history and some decent images. I suppose TT6 supra have a high value now as they're in demand and worth a good amount broken. That said if i went to view a car and it looked like that visually, i'd assume it needed alot of TLC to bring it back. 12k imo.

When you get to a near 20 year old car I think a lot of the value comes down to its history and its underneath. Maybe that's just me being hopeful though as I have 18 years with my Supra so I know everything, pretty much, that has ever been done to it. Know its had every oil change, every belt change and 18 years of pampering. To me that's worth a lot and I'd reflect that in any sales price.