The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PT6266 oem fuel and ecu temporarily

berg

Im looking at buying a precision 6266 single turbo kit for my car

But it will be a couple of months before i can fund a standalone and fuel system

Can someone just confirm providing afr are good that it will run fine with the kit fitted if the boost is set right down temporarily?

Everyone on the U.S forums seem to be fine but judging by them stating 550rwhp etc from the setups makes me sceptical

I believe supraleeturbo ran his t51r this way for a short time too?

Im not bothered about numbers i just need to know it will run fine low boost if the afr's are good

After driving the car today my turbo situation is in a worse state and i need the car for may-july so cant afford for it to break hence i cant really wait to fit the kit.

Im looking at buying a precision 6266 single turbo kit for my car

But it will be a couple of months before i can fund a standalone and fuel system

Can someone just confirm providing afr are good that it will run fine with the kit fitted if the boost is set right down temporarily?

Everyone on the U.S forums seem to be fine but judging by them stating 550rwhp etc from the setups makes me sceptical

I believe supraleeturbo ran his t51r this way for a short time too?

Im not bothered about numbers i just need to know it will run fine low boost if the afr's are good

After driving the car today my turbo situation is in a worse state and i need the car for may-july so cant afford for it to break hence i cant really wait to fit the kit.

/QUOTE]

It will run fine but I'd be inclined to turn the boost off as opposed to down and just drive it NA until you can afford the proper setup. Its not about the boost level its about fuelling for the physical movement of air volume that's the issue.

Thats what i thought ill buy a wideband gauge to monitor it

Ive got 2 weddings which the car is being used for aswell as another event so if the current turbos break (which is looking likely) im doomed

But i really dont want to go through the aggro of replacing them with oem turbos to then rip it all off again for a single in 2 months time when i can get the ecu and fuel parts lol

US Supras have bigger injectors the same as the UK Supra, in theory they could deliver enough fuel for around 550fwhp but you wouldn't want to try doing that with a stock ECU.

I think you mentioned on another thread some smoke at idle has it got worse?

Thats what i thought ill buy a wideband gauge to monitor it

Ive got 2 weddings which the car is being used for aswell as another event so if the current turbos break (which is looking likely) im doomed

But i really dont want to go through the aggro of replacing them with oem turbos to then rip it all off again for a single in 2 months time when i can get the ecu and fuel parts lol

/QUOTE]

You definitely need an AFR wideband in their mate to keep track of things. I would concur with above and say minimal boost 1bar should be fine. Do you have to upgrade now then rather than waiting to setup a single properly? What's up with your current system?

Drive on light throttle and don't allow it to spool more than a few psi, and you'll be fine.

Ok thanks

US Supras have bigger injectors the same as the UK Supra, in theory they could deliver enough fuel for around 550fwhp but you wouldn't want to try doing that with a stock ECU.

I think you mentioned on another thread some smoke at idle has it got worse?

Ah i see, Yer the smoke has got worse now and has started to appear while driving

Ive noticed a small pool of oil inside the turbo pipe for the second turbo also which was not there 2 weeks ago

Have you blown your turbos?

Seems they are definately worn

You definitely need an AFR wideband in their mate to keep track of things. I would concur with above and say minimal boost 1bar should be fine. Do you have to upgrade now then rather than waiting to setup a single properly? What's up with your current system?

Definately on the hunt for an aem gauge now

Unfortunately i need the car for 3 events in the coming months so cannot have the car off the road, after recent findings im worried about them failing and leaving me stuck so i need to get it sorted before the 14th of may so the option of waiting is too risky for me

In an ideal world id wait and fit it all when i have an ecu and fuel setup

- - - Updated - - -

Definately on the hunt for an aem gauge now

Unfortunately i need the car for 3 events in the coming months so cannot have the car off the road, after recent findings im worried about them failing and leaving me stuck so i need to get it sorted before the 14th of may so the option of waiting is too risky for me

In an ideal world id wait and fit it all when i have an ecu and fuel setup

Ah i see, Yer the smoke has got worse now and has started to appear while driving

If it's just a bit of smoke it doesn't necessarily mean the turbos are going to let go, they could go on for years like that, if it's great plumes of smoke then I'd be worried.

Fitting one or both of the cats back in and turning the boost down to stock pressure could get rid of the smoke completely. Personally I'd run it this way rather than fitting a single turbo without a mapped ECU.

Buy the turbokit, don't have it fitted until you can afford the ecu?

Seems unnecessary to fit it first.

Already explained above the reasons for needing the car, breaking down is not an option and with 300 miles to travel i feel its a risk especially carrying my mates fiance to their wedding, so its not unnecessary, its just not ideal

If it's just a bit of smoke it doesn't necessarily mean the turbos are going to let go, they could go on for years like that, if it's great plumes of smoke then I'd be worried.

Fitting one or both of the cats back in and turning the boost down to stock pressure could get rid of the smoke completely. Personally I'd run it this way rather than fitting a single turbo without a mapped ECU.

Ill give that a try and see if it makes it any better, it was fine until i put the boost controller on, then gradually over the last 3 days im noticing it get worse, its not plooms of smoke constantly yet, as long as the cars running for the up coming weddings i need it for im happy and will gladly wait to fit the turbo

Maybe thats the reason its only been 0.9 bar since i bought the car, masking a problem perhaps

Ah, sorry I didn't get it. So you're convinced your current turbos are going to die?

I have a set of stock Jspecs you can borrow to tide you over if you get stuck :)

Im not convinced, they could last years, im just worried about them letting go

Im going to turn the boost down as advised and see what difference that makes if any

Thanks for the offer appreciate it :thumbs:

hi mate, yes i ran my single kit for around 8 months and it worked fine just ran waste gate pressure and felt just a bit faster than bpu and all i ran was a afr gauge. was awesome to drive and brill on fuel lol

Ok thanks good to hear :)

Mine would be 2 months maximum if i need to do it, time will tell i spose