The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Don Palmer; International Driving Coach

Gough

You may well have heard of him, he's been featured before in Japanese Performance and Evo. I spent last Sunday doing one of his car control courses, with two other guys, one in an Elise Sport190 and the other in a Noble M400 (amazing car). Don has quite an unusual coaching method, and all the better for it; the course did for me exactly what it said on the tin and I feel my limit car control skills have improved considerably (and it was a bloody good laugh too!). See here:

http://www.donpalmer.co.uk/carcontrol.htm (I did the 'fundamentals' course)

Highly recommended!

One question: How much are people prepared to spend on their cars (not to mention upgrades), and how much on their own driving skills?

This is not your average shouting-instructions-at-you while you drive round a track, it is coaching - helping you to understand your car - not just telling you what to do.

Put it this way, I found it difficult to keep up with Don in his TDI Golf in my de catted supra!- its not the car you drive - its the person behind the wheel.