The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jekyll & Hyde

David P

Nice Rover panel fit there ;)

The exhaust pipe has rotted out at the top just before the back-box and the car fills up with carbon monoxide through there.

It's the Connoisseur model in Hearing-aid Brown with Incontinence-white leather trim, I think the back door fit is a standard extra? :D

Edited by David P (see edit history)

Of course I prefer driving the Supra, this old dog is a runabout that is needed to do the running about needed to get my Supra running about again.

It's comfy and quiet, averages 50 mpg, has room in the back for my off-road mobility scooter and fishing kit, or a 2J engine and/or a couple of transmissions or even a double mattress.

Other than that, it's a fine example of why the Company went bust and I really don't like it at all, even so, a second class ride is better than a first class walk. :shrug:

Ha I was going a to post a picture of the Supra against my 335d with the same statement! Which do you honestly prefer driving though......really? :)

Greg, I have my 530d (SRD remapped) as my daily drive. And I prefer it as I can chill out and and relax...in the Supra I can't hear myself think! :blink:

Greg, I have my 530d (SRD remapped) as my daily drive. And I prefer it as I can chill out and and relax...in the Supra I can't hear myself think! :blink:

Haha I know what you mean. Mine is a stock 313bhp 2015 touring version and is so refined and wonderful to drive. Going into the Supra though is like travelling to the outer hemisphere and is so much more intense. I love the contrast and dynamics of them both. Your new setup will be insane mate.

I'm looking at a Race Chip or the Spider piggyback for the 335. Apparently 370bhp is quite achieveable and I know the torque figure is insane. Can't to a remap as obviously all under warranty.

I hadn't realised it was one of your cars. Hopefully no offence taken, but you appear to be pragmatic about its build quality

My pragmatism began with the Hearing-aid Brown paint and Incontinence-white leather trim, which metamorphosed into disdain after it tried to gas me on the way home.

I haven't bonded with this thing at all and can't even drive it until the new back box turns up and then only slowly until the new discs and pads turn up.

Whilst waiting, I bought the bits to do an oil change, but have just found that my sockets go up to 35mm and need a 36mm.

I shall grimace on until the Supra is sorted.

• 1 month later...