The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock alloy wheel sizes

rider

I have searched but can't find this info anywhere.

I recently purchased a job lot of throw away stock 16" wheels and note they are mixed 7J and 8J wheels. I have enough 8j's to make a set or could go 2 and 2. Can someone confirm if the original fitment came with staggered wheels, 7J front and 8J rears? It would make sense but don't want to get to the expense of refurbing 2 of each wheel size if that isn't factory correct. As for tyre sizes these would suit 205/50 and 225/45 respectively, similarly were these the original tyre sizes?

I did read somewhere that the Supra wheels came as 7j, 8j or 9j. I assumed the wider 9j was an option rather than standard fitment. Couldn't find anywhere that mentioned if the wheels were all one size or if they was staggered to wider rears. There is a set for sale in the US that is 4 X 8j's.

Some na's came with 8" all round but I've never seen a 7" wide stock wheel, is the 7" actually stamped on/definitely accurately?

All tt's had 8" and 9" staggered 16's

They are definitely 7j's. Maybe they are MR2 wheels and not Supra as sold to me. I'll just do an all round set of the 8j's seeing I don't have any 9j wheels and put 225's on the front and 245's on the rear.