The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball RAC Breakdown Cover

jcbt

For anyone who needs to arrange breakdown cover I have been speaking with the RAC my supplier and as in previous years they are willing to do a special club price.

This is their all singing and dancing Comprehensive cover which will allow repatriation of both you and the car together.

It also provides all the normal car hire/ hotel accommodation extras.

For the 4 days the cost is £45 so if you want to take advantage of this rate you can either e-mail [email protected] and he will call you back between 2pm and 7pm or you can call Harry Parslow on 0330 1590 360 by selecting the sales option and ask to speak to Harry. Just mention Supra/Dragonball trip and he will provide you the policy at the agreed price.

Cheers

John

Just got mine, tho when I asked to be put through to Harry Parslow he was on another call I think and the salesman was whittering on with his spiel as they do and came up with a quote of £90. But I sent him off to speak to his manager who apparently knew all about the offer and so got it for £45.

So thanks John. First thing I've actually organised for Dragonball so far, guess I better get a Sat Nav next........

I would rather cut my eyes out with rusty old crack needles then use these bunch of utter C&@#s!!!!!

I broke down in Belgium on the dragonball on Sunday with a nakered alternator and had this RAC GOLD cover sold as no matter what the problem is you and the car WILL!!!!! Be taken home ( yeah right!!!)

After 2 odd hours of ME phoning them to sort out pick up etc I was messed about left right and centre!!! Every time I was told they would phone me back to confirm what's going on I got nothing and had to phone them again now 4 hours of just sitting there pi$$ board and getting very very cheesed off.

I then was told they could not send out a lorry to pick me up as no lorrys are allowed to drive on Sunday's over there because of there laws (now I am at point of explosion) but oh HELLO!! A lorry just turned up to pick me up! Mmmmm how dose that work then???

We was then told by the recovery driver we was being taken to another hotel and we would be staying there the night (ok I thought going home so another night no big problem) but when we got there we had to wait 30 mins for the owner to turn up to let us in OH and tell us WE HAD TO PAY FOR THE ROOM!!! And to top it off the recovery driver REFUSED!!! To leave my car with me as he said bad area not safe!!! And he would take it away and lock it away in there building in there yard now I am 10000% boiling point and I phoned RAC again and I flipped my lid with everything that has gone on to then been told by some VERY VERY RUDE!!!! Bitch that my cover dose not cover me and I needed to pay £980 to get my car from pikey scums veil where they dumped us just to the TUNNEL!!!!

This is just parts of the very very very bad agro just over one day just be very careful when you buy the all singing and dancing cover to cover you that's not worth pi$$ing on!!!

I will never ever use RAC again nor will I ever tell anyone else to

Like Steve has said its not ideal, but then having no cover isn't going to help either unless you have a friend with a car trailer who will come over to Europe and pick you up.... Over the years a few cars have had to be picked up and brought back, I hope it's never me, but all the cars have made it back even though it's been a less than ideal journey..

To put it into perspective a few years ago I broke down on the m25, at around 7pm, I was about an hour from home (near Oxford) I didn't get home until 1am because of the antics of the recovery services..... But I did get home lol

I'll be taking this deal up again like last year, but as I said last year they won't bring you and your car back together, I don't know of any that do. If anyone can get it in writing that they will then good luck with that! Lol It'll be put on a transport lorry with other cars, and when full it will come back to the uk. This is what they told me about the deal last year when I spoke to them. It's still a very good deal, and better than having nothing :)

• 2 weeks later...

Harry just called me back, and I've taken up the offer :) Thank you John. I'm an AA member, and they wanted £70 for the exact same cover.

Just worth noting again, as I've checked with Harry, they do not guarantee you being brought back to the UK the same time as your car in the case of a breakdown. You may be lucky and you in your hire car might be on the same ferry as your Supra in a container. But if they are waiting to load a car transporter with other broken down cars, it could take longer for the Supra to return to the UK.

AA and RAC both work the same, and offer exactly the same policy, so this cover John has arranged is the most comprehensive you can get (excluding the extra parts and labour cover you can purchase at extra cost), so it's worth having at the great price John has agreed for us all :)

Harry just called me back, and I've taken up the offer :) Thank you John. I'm an AA member, and they wanted £70 for the exact same cover.

Just worth noting again, as I've checked with Harry, they do not guarantee you being brought back to the UK the same time as your car in the case of a breakdown. You may be lucky and you in your hire car might be on the same ferry as your Supra in a container. But if they are waiting to load a car transporter with other broken down cars, it could take longer for the Supra to return to the UK.

AA and RAC both work the same, and offer exactly the same policy, so this cover John has arranged is the most comprehensive you can get (excluding the extra parts and labour cover you can purchase at extra cost), so it's worth having at the great price John has agreed for us all :)

Sh!tlord :D