The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running v160 on a tt auto lsd

Supraleeturbo

As the title says Anyone running v160 on a tt auto lsd. I'd like to know what people think and would they keep it as is or get a tt6 big case ? I can get a big case as I have the prop for it but was going to sell but if it's horrible to drive with an tt auto lsd then I may keep and get a big case

You will go through the gears faster, you wont be going faster though. I swapped to a TT6 diff because I found i could light the tyres up very easily without R888's on the back, even in third and you are just changing gear too often. I can see why it would work well on a track with the correct setup though.

On the track perfect as you're always changing gear anyway. For the road or 1/4 shite. Will have more traction issues and a same spec car with the manual diff will be pulling away from you easily. The only other advantage I can see is the auto diffs go for half the money and arnt too hard to find.

At the mo I use 295/35/18. I would like some traction from a dig but then I don't always drive like a mad man

Take a look at Homers tables, you may find that jiggling tyre sizes could give you the gearing you seek, better traction and have less of your fillings rattled out?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?225050-Supra-specific-gear-diff-ratio-and-tyre-size-calculator