The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Swapping side skirts

Guest Ec1202014

Guest Ec1202014

Gents,

How big of a job is it to swap side skirts out?

I have Veilside skirts currently, they don't actually look too bad on my car but I'm wanting to change the skirts and front bumper (that's Do-Luck). Not sure what to go for yet but just wondering how big a job it is?

Basically, the bumper and skirts need re-spraying really as the paint job on them is pretty average... So I think (and any painters please correct me) there is just as much work, if not more in rubbing the old paint down and prepping as appose to repainting some new or refurbished skirts?

I guess there is some glue/sealant on skirts? Is this easier enough to remove?

Helps appreciated.

If the screws holding the skirts on aren't too caked in crap and you can get those off, then it's a piece of cake really. They should just pull off after that.

Unless of course the person who installed the skirts in the first place used overly strong adhesive, may need a little more convincing in that case!

Guest Ec1202014
If the screws holding the skirts on aren't too caked in crap and you can get those off, then it's a piece of cake really. They should just pull off after that.

Unless of course the person who installed the skirts in the first place used overly strong adhesive, may need a little more convincing in that case!

Cool. Thanks again Style.

I'll find some I like and get them swapped over then! (And just hope they're as you say...)