The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on brake caliper colours

ripped_fear

So I'm in a dilemma, Normally I have a clear idea of what I want but this time....:blink:

I currently have Uk front brakes, and j-spec rears, and I'm looking to refurbish them. With the look of the car I'm wanting to add some colour, and I was set on red, but then a mate after allot of ideas being thrown around sugested bronze. Now I find myself leaning back to the red.

I was thinking Red with white supra decals and a black underline or bronze with a black supra decal and im not sure on the underline.

Any opinions on what to go with, or maybe another option? The ONLY thing putting me off a bright colour is the fact I think the J-specs look weird painted, but think just doing the front may look even stranger.

What are peoples opinions/ideas? and if anyone has any time to do some photo shops that would be even better and very appreciated!

Thanks

Jake

attachment.php?attachmentid=210230&stc=1&d=1458578328

I'd honestly go with a neutral colour, black or gunmetal.

I'm refurbing mine at the minute and I'm going with VHT Metallic Black, should look quite nice. Just a bit different than normal VHT black. The the normal white supra decal with red underline!

I'm being told by the wench that Gold and Blue are complimenting colours I don't have the skill to photoshop for you though :/

Here is the picture of my brothers 350Z. I also think that blue and gold are the best combination.

And sorry for the bad picture, I'll upload better one if I find it ;)

350Z.jpg

Thanks guys, after all the input I have decided to play it safe again and am going to go stock.

I have just ordered stock coloured stickers in my required sizes, and am going to use black on the calipers them selves. But disappointed in myself lol but I know they will look good and if I change my mind its an easy job to re paint.

Thanks everyone, hopefully I will get chance at the weekend to do the job.

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)