The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Upgrades should I do?

SilentAgro

Hey all,

I have one of the forums old cars that a lot of people here have owned. I was wanting to update a few things on it. What would people recommend?

Turbocharger & Induction:

BoostLogic T67DBB single

DEI T4 Turbo blanket

XS Power manifold and wastegate

GReddy 3-row FMIC

HKS SSQ BOV

K&N Cone Airfilter

Fuel, Tuning & ECU:

Apexi PowerFC

Power Enterprise 800cc injectors

Aeromotive FPR

Walbro pump

Blitz SBC-IDIII Boost Controller

Thor delimiter

Ferrea valve guide seals

It runs 545bhp at the 1.35 bar. I'm sure I can up the boost with not much issue. It still pulls like a train, but it's been running this system since 2007. Need to modernise it a little? Or not?

Many thanks

Looking at your parts list. You should be able to get more power. But I think your limiting factor might be your fuel pump.

A walbro 450lph e85 fuel pump is around £130.00, maybe you are running a 255. Again you wont know till you check.

- - - Updated - - -

Also clutch

Don't really see why you need to modernise it. The only time I would upgrade or modify my supra is if I want more power.

What walbro pump have you got?

Agree - the spec looks good and if its running well then i wouldn't mess about unless your needs have changed.

Once i got mine running the way i wanted i turned my attention to modernizing the interior including ICE & Tech.

Have you got money to burn? What is your budget?

Performance wise you could change the current manifold to something like the FSR Motorsports Street Fighter Turbo Manifold, change the turbo to a Garrett GTX3582R, assuming you are manual 6 speed change the ECU for something more modern like a MoTeC M130 or M150 (might be over kill) or Syvecs S6+ and as already mentioned a set of HKS 264 cams and Walbro 450LPH fuel pump.

As these cars are getting old what about maintenance? You could look at replacing all the suspension paraphernalia whilst it is still available, new water pump, new oil pump, new aftermarket diff, new OEM crank pulley and rebuilding your brakes. The list is endless :)

It really is easy to spend vast amounts of money on cars! I suck at spending my money though.

Brakes is what I need first and foremost. It's kinda dangerous having standard j-spec...

I'm going to do brakes for the moment and maybe leave it as that... maybe

Chasing BHP is a expensive game :eyebrows:

Sometimes be happy and content with what you have.

But If I was in your shoes and once the brakes have been upgraded and without having to spend too much money, get a better fuel pump and go for another remap and up the boost.

You have all the other support mods to get more power already.

Really depends what kind of money you have to spend and what you feel or think could do with being changed. I could sit here all day and tell you to get a new fuel pump, aftermarket ECU, higher quality manifold and a more modern turbo, but that is already talking over £6000 plus labour mapping etc. Not to mention 264 cams, suspension maintenance (which is vastly overlooked sometimes) as well as bushings, arms, etc etc. Ultimately it depends how much money you're willing to spend, if you even feel the need to spend any at all.

But a new Walbro 450lph pump is your best bet for now. If it ain't broken, don't replace it!