The mkiv Supra Owners Club

good ride out then not so good lol

syco

Sun was out yesterday so thought would wash the car and have a good ride out to bridgnorth to clear some cobwebs. All was good to there then on return journey noticed the rev counter start to play up and thought thats odd, quite alot further as the roads back are long I put the indicator on and it was erratic to say the least, a bit further and started to hear a bit of squeal and thought , better have a look under the bonnet, were i spotted a nice big circular ring sitting by the rad.

At first thought it was the crank pulley but belt etc seemed fine and still attached and running, could see the grooves on pulley so wondered where the hell would it of come off from ,thinking i just could not see the offending p/s - aircon pulley etc( not really tinkered under bonnet yet).then looked at crank again and thought it looked not quite right then realized could only see what seemed to be a solid ring(no damper).

Then it clicked, the belt had worn grooves into the rubber damper after the outer ring fell off.

Whats the odds of that happening I thought lol. luckily no other damage seems to of been done and i managed to limp home the 12 miles back with no electric as it basically killed the battery which meant no indicators or hazards. Even though i pulled over every no and again to let following traffic past was getting various hand gestures, as obviously they just assumed was pulling over for no reason without signalling etc.

oh well the joys of older cars, but other than that, LOVED IT:cool: