The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra 1jzgte with 2jzgte ecu info

Guest Supralee12

Guest Supralee12

Hi everyone

I have a 1jz engine in my supra mkiv

Well it's a 1.5jz to be honest .

I have wired a 2jzgte ecu to the 1jz loom on the hope I can run my 550s on the 2jzgte fuel ignition map.

Will I be needing any other piggy back or will it run ok with the 2jzgte ecu on 550cc injectors.

The car has single turbo and a after market intake mani. Polished and ported .

Has anyone tried it thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Supralee12
Littlenum on here will be able to answer that for you.

How can I get hold of littlenum 👍

The car won't start I have power to the ecu and to the coil and to the resistor pack just turns no start 😞

Guest Supralee12
Doubt it will run properly with standard ECU if injectors are bigger and it's single turbo. You will need some piggy back or even better stand alone ECU mate, otherwise you will kill this engine very fast.

How will I it's a 2jzgte ecu that runs 550s?

I would if I was using the 1jzgte ecu like I was and had a emanage ultimate on it but the emanage is crap so thought well wire the 2jzgte ecu in instead and run the 550s on that map

Guest Supralee12

Just had it started some reason I'm over fuelling and a bit hesitant on throttle response so got some playing to do to sort that out

Guest Supralee12
That will be because the 2jz-gte import ran 440cc high impedance injectors. Unless you have a UK spec ecu in which case you have a whole fist full of issues to sort before that will run right.

Yeah it's a uk ecu with resistor pack to run 550cc injectors .

What kind of issues buddy

All the wiring was the same as the 1jzgte ecu match to match pinout to pinout

Guest Supralee12

Lol found the problem 😂 Would help if there was fuel init .

Well you solved the first one.

So you have a 1jz-gte that came with a 2jz ecu style ecu connector? What did that come out of ?

Do you have 3 x 4 wire lambda sensors and a MAF?

Are the injectors not wired as 3 pairs grouped?

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Guest Supralee12

I wired the 2jzgte ecu to the 1jzgte loom . Done the injector wiring made my own loom so it's not batch and wired in the maf runs spot on now it has fuel . I love wiring lol first in the uk to wire a 1jzgte into a supra one of the first to even put a 1jzgte into a supra going bk 8 years ago .

And all forums told me it can't be done bk then . And one of the first in the uk to do a 1.5jz

I'm using a wideband sensor and it sends a signal to the ecu in narrow band so it picks up a signal .

But I've always struggled with finding a decent tuner specially in my area no one seems to no anything

Hench the reason I slammed on the 2jzgte ecu that runs 550s so I can run 500bhp with no management.

The car is modded to cope with more but again going down that road of tunning twice a year for different temps of the year etc 500£ a time not worth it so happy at 500 on the road is good enough and if needing a bit more a safc and bit bigger injectors would be good for 600 and that's plenty on these crap uk roads init

Edited by Supralee12 (see edit history)

I wired the 2jzgte ecu to the 1jzgte loom . Done the injector wiring made my own loom so it's not batch and wired in the maf runs spot on now it has fuel . I love wiring lol first in the uk to wire a 1jzgte into a supra one of the first to even put a 1jzgte into a supra going bk 8 years ago .

And all forums told me it can't be done bk then . And the first in the uk to do a 1.5jz

I'm using a wideband sensor and it sends a signal to the ecu in narrow band so it picks up a signal .

Now if you had said that at the start I would have said "Has it got any fuel in it" :)

Guest Supralee12
Now if you had said that at the start I would have said "Has it got any fuel in it" :)

Cheers buddy I'm just crap at literacy

That's why I'm not on the forums much cuz I'm crap at spelling and typing lol