The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" Tyre combinations

Spunkmeyer

Looking for more rubber

Currently I have 19"s

8.5j with 235/35/19

9.5j with 275/30/19

Wanting more sidewall to improve ride quality. Will be messing with coilovers setup etc but just wanted some info on tyres. Most options mess with the rolling circumference too much. I think I read

235/40 are 4%

225/40 are 2.9% but that too much of a stretch

Anybody running different sizes to me on their 19s? Pics appreciated

Your sizes match your rims.

Do you really want to keep 19"?

That's a different thread discussion but appreciate your point. I had TTEs 18 for winter and it was awful on these new coilovers. Changed to 19s for summer and was lot better randomly... Anyway I'm on 19s and the 18s are packed away

Not much different I'm afraid, Fronts are 255/35/19 on a 9J rim 42, Rears are 285/35/19 on a 10j rim 45. Find them fine to be honest but then again I can't go far and I can't go fast, so I don't really have a rounded view of performance.

IMGP1451.jpg

I've recently got 19/245/35 on an 8.5rim and 19/265/35 on a 9.5rim. Both on wheels that are et30... The the rears and fronts now catch my arch when over bumps, tight/fast corners!! My front also rub the plastic wheels arch trim on full lock! Pita.

Looks better tho [emoji15] ride is slightly improved, but that's prob because I can't bloody corner fast anyway now ha