The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS F-Con V Pro Version 3.4 & 4.0

Samurai 20V

Hi Guys,

Been researching an ECU for my BPU TT6. I originally planned to go with Haltech Elite.

I have come across the HKS Fcon 3.4 & 4.0 are now offered with the Power writer software.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product/electronics/computer/f-con/vpro_pw_set/index.html

I have found a capable tuner, he is assessing if he will be able to do the job, I am confident he can.

My car has the HKS EVC6 & Knock amp, I have the F-Con patch harness already, so its actually suited for my application being highly plug and play.

My main aim with mapping the car is to sort out the overfuelling , map the car for 95 fuel ( pump around here), and a map for high octane fuel.

My question is if anyone can help:

1. What happens with the stock TRAC ecu, does it stay in place? The F-Con doesnt do traction control, as much as the stock TRAC is crappy, would like to keep it.

If there is anything else I'm missing here, would welcome any comments or advice, especially if anyone has used the 3.4 or 4.0

Thanks.

If its a complete replacement ECU then you should be able to bin the trac ECU and mechanism, I did when I installed my AEM and then the Syvecs ;)

I modified the throttle body and chopped off all the unwanted trac stuff.

If its a complete replacement ECU then you should be able to bin the trac ECU and mechanism, I did when I installed my AEM and then the Syvecs ;)

I modified the throttle body and chopped off all the unwanted trac stuff.

FCON can be run as a standalone or piggyback..

My thinking is if it was used as a piggyback, the TRAC ecu will function as normal. Less work to do in the install..

You can use any ECU in piggyback if required, I think its better to replace if you can.

If using as piggyback you would likely have to maintain the trac stuff otherwise I would expect you to get error codes and fault lights.

You can use any ECU in piggyback if required, I think its better to replace if you can.

If using as piggyback you would likely have to maintain the trac stuff otherwise I would expect you to get error codes and fault lights.

Been researching more, almost all F-Con users for Supras keep the OEM ECU to run the A/C, idle motor, fuel pump ECU etc.

My new question is:

- If I keep the stock ECU, will I have to still use the Greddy BCC and SLD or will the F-CON take care of this?

Thanks.

Yeah, I can't tell you why, but I know that was definitely the case with mine.

Although, I've got a mines ecu with the fcon piggybacked off it.

Mine will be going in for mapping again soon, so I'm planning to fit a stock ecu, with an fcd

Yeah, I can't tell you why, but I know that was definitely the case with mine.

Although, I've got a mines ecu with the fcon piggybacked off it.

Mine will be going in for mapping again soon, so I'm planning to fit a stock ecu, with an fcd

I have a Mines ECU as well, I could use this to piggyback but it has a 02 sensor error which I could not fix so was hoping to use my original ECU.

Well if its needed, will have to fit it..

Thanks for your help.