The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do they have to be black, manual & turbo ? Why ?

herbiemercman

Hello Members, I know i am biased on this subject, but firstly IMHO Supras are not a small sports car, so i think the black ones look sleek and originate in sort of Darf Vader planets, don't get me wrong, ALL Supras look great, but there has to be, like everything else, a top of the tree one? Your opinion ?

Now the way you have to drive one, for me a manual box with limited slip diff has to be the real bizz, to actually use the box to brake into a certain corner and then power out of it is a real skill and a great buzz. I have a big Merc and the auto is paramount, with "kickdown" cruise control etc, no way would this be a manual box, but it is a powerful family cruiser, top end 130 +. Your opinion ?

The power supply, my brother has a TT and we purchased them new in 1995, mine was a NA which my brother always refered to as the slow one, to the family and friends, there was some irritation for me along the way, but recently i showed him my NA/T , and my dyno info, he is well back now, not that i am that arsed, but i never imagined this would be possible, thanks to members of this club and traders, and non traders, who have developed the NA/T's.The main lump of the NA engine is the same as the TT's, all along it was just the top bit that needed tuning.

Basically i got a new car for £5K and it is awesome, from a "oner" to the 120 mark it is no match for anything so far, this can only occur on M/Ways, and to date, even modern really fast stuff get a shock and give up ? much better now than the pre NA/T days where MX5's etc and Golf GTI's were a real challenge, i was considering selling my car. Your opinion ? Herbie.

SUP.BEST.PIC.NAT..jpg (203.2 KB)

SUP.BEST.PIC.NAT..jpg

Just preferred the thought of the auto to be honest, didnt fancy an old manual box and wanted to experience the kickdown! Don't regret it but I've never driven a manual supra.

Makes me hate driving my manual daily though... let alone the fact its like 70bhp lol

Just preferred the thought of the auto to be honest, didnt fancy an old manual box and wanted to experience the kickdown! Don't regret it but I've never driven a manual supra.

Makes me hate driving my manual daily though... let alone the fact its like 70bhp lol

I know what you mean, when mine comes out to play again I'm gonna hate my mazda more than I already do.

I have a tiptronic so have best of both, few times i wished i had the manual to have some clutch control but overall the auto is so much easier to live with & when its noise time I have my paddles

I think tiptronics are the future of sports cars now tbh, for slow cars i prefer manual though because it makes them more lively. Like my daily fiesta is pretty fun... If it was an auto it'd be miserable

I have a tiptronic so have best of both, few times i wished i had the manual to have some clutch control but overall the auto is so much easier to live with & when its noise time I have my paddles

I think tiptronics are the future of sports cars now tbh, for slow cars i prefer manual though because it makes them more lively. Like my daily fiesta is pretty fun... If it was an auto it'd be miserable

I love my current car, as a TT with paddleshifters on the stock tiptronic management it was easily the best all round Supra I've owned (and I'm sure it will be much better still once the gearbox mapping issues are sorted). I still have a manual itch, but at some point I'll be buying a N/A sports car with a nice manual shift to complement my Supra, possibly a mk1 mx5.

I love my current car, as a TT with paddleshifters on the stock tiptronic management it was easily the best all round Supra I've owned (and I'm sure it will be much better still once the gearbox mapping issues are sorted). I still have a manual itch, but at some point I'll be buying a N/A sports car with a nice manual shift to complement my Supra, possibly a mk1 mx5.

Good choice, I loved my mk1 MX5 (UK, 145BHP with the timing mod). Brilliant second car and perfectly capable daily

Since having mine mapped and during the road mapping we were using the autobox manu function and O/D off and using the box a little more, I now find that when I go out in it I tend to select manu and drive a lot with the O/D off and drop into 2 for corners and then accelerate away and up into D....quite enjoyable using the engine braking and being able to control the power more through the corner.

Always pretty much drove everywhere in D before.

Oh and Silver, standard front bumper, earless black front lip, Trial rear and Gold wheels, Gorgeous.

Edited by trebor69 (see edit history)

A top of the tree one? few options to be honest

OEM concourse crap for rich dimwits would be in my opinion :-

OEM yellow facelift aerotop - twin turbo and non turbo with the active lip, only ever seen a picture of one in Japan for all the years ive been in the Supra scene (aerotop that is ), even though it dosent tick my box

US spec in Jewel green OEM condition

UK spec in 100& OEM condition

Euro spec aerotop in OEM condition

For someone who dosent mind modifying/ resto modding with OEM bits:-

Aerotop TT 6 speed, LSD diff, FULL facelift interior/ exterior possibly with a TRD widebody

Naff ones, but still not alot:-

US spec SE non turbo

One of those models in OEM condition that were sold in Aruba, and the ones sold in Sweeden without a spoiler...

It's personal preference. I love the idea of manual but I also feel a auto would be great as I only really want straight line speed. Not intrested in driftING it even though it will happen becuase it's manual il be able to get the back end out being it's large lsd too.

My perfect supra would be yellow or black aerotop manual or auto big twins or big single power 700-800hp along with being lighter and with a lsd. Most of my perfect supra is ticked just can't wait for SRD to get her running :)