The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member from Scotland, opinions on potential first mk. iv

Cam27

Hi all,

My name is Cam and i am about to purchase my first Supra. I am travelling to Northern Ireland today to view it tomorrow and would like your opinions.

I believe this car was formerly the "Gold Rush" Supra, SZ with hybrid turbo conversion.

Here is the link to the add: https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/450bhp-hybrid-twin-turbo-supra-last-price-drop-px/1160664584

Thanks in advance

Cam

$_86.JPG

Hi all,

My name is Cam and i am about to purchase my first Supra. I am travelling to Northern Ireland today to view it tomorrow and would like your opinions.

I believe this car was formerly the "Gold Rush" Supra, SZ with hybrid turbo conversion.

Here is the link to the add: https://www.gumtree.com/p/toyota/450bhp-hybrid-twin-turbo-supra-last-price-drop-px/1160664584

Thanks in advance

Cam

Nice looking car, welcome

Kitch, yes it actually says the engine has covered 70k, so I will need to clarify what it has done in km/miles.

Rob, small world eh? Sorry my mistake. The seller said "Rob Mitchell in England built it from his Gold Rush Supra." I just assumed. Would love to hear your thoughts on it!

Cheers guys.

Looks like a nice car but I'd always check it out for yourself, that way there cant be any dubiety on any previous owner/condition etc. I've been stung with a long trip to look at a car built by someone on here, had great opinions of the car and so on but when I viewed it the car had clearly been in an accident which wasnt disclosed. Kinda made a fool of everyone involved and I was slightly pissed at the previous owner as they had heard it had "a bump" but didnt tell me either til I challenged afterwards. Go view it yourself mate, its the only way to be sure.

Yeah I am aware it was n/a as it has the 5 speed manual and not the 6 speed. I have already done an HPI check on it and everything checked out.

Totally agree about viewing it in person though, only way to be sure!

A member on here owned that car for a short period before selling it on to buy a single turbo. I can't remember his forum name, but might be worth shooting him a message to get his impression of the car. Maybe another member knows who I'm on about and can link the guys name.