Review: OsGiken Super Lock LSD

Jellybean

Car: Toyota Supra JZA80 (Zenki - 5/93-7/94) Eng: 2JZ-GTE MTM 6 Speed

SPEC: BPU ++

Mileage: 300 KM (To Date)

Brand: OS GIKEN

Product: SuperLock LSD (1.5 Way)

Part Num: TY033-HA (9 Inch)

First impressions are excellent, OEM like characteristics, no chattering , quiet , low maintenance , no break in required.

Driving her she is smooth and engaging, when you need to go she hooks up and Locks to propel you along , not a violent lurch but in comparison to the Carbonetic or even the OEM Torsen , you can feel her bite instantly to give you maximum traction and acceleration; similar to a clutch engaging. It is difficult to put into words, I can draw a comparison to a Dual clutch Gearbox, the differential has the correct gear pre-selected ready to go ; she is ready to instantly transfer that hp into Torque for effective traction.

I have not pushed her hard , I need to bed in the Clutch but based on my limited dry road use she feels like a serious piece of kit ; puts down the power very effective and efficiently. Slow speed maneuvers, reversing nothing to report, all normal as you would expect from a road car.

If I was to sum it up , it is all the benefits of what you want from a race LSD but with the manners of an OEM Torsen unit. I have yet to drive her in the wet or on a tight twisty road I would highly recommend it based on my limited time in the seat.

Some more info from OSGiken if anybody needs it

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?328829-OsGiken-Spec-x&highlight=osgiken

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Short of an active diff like the GTR V-Spec cars have these are as good as it gets for a road car LSD that needs to be used on the road as well as on the track. Gained over a second a lap around Oulton just by fitting one in place of the none standard, dreadful Kaaz thing it came with. Over 2 seconds in the wet on Pilot Sport Cups, which are not good wet weather tyres. Awesome LSD!