The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Review: OsGiken Street Master Clutch Hard (GT2CD)

Jellybean

Car: Toyota Supra JZA80 (Zenki - 5/93-7/94) Eng: 2JZ-GTE MTM 6 Speed

SPEC: BPU ++

Mileage: 300 KM (To Date)

Clutch:

• Brand: OS GIKEN
  • Product: Street Master Clutch Kit - Twin-Metal Hard
  • Part Num: GT2CD
  • Rated to Approx 575 ft-lb

I have not broken the Clutch in Fully yet, can keep this thread updated if anybody has any Q's.Installation, she installs and uses all OEM components( i.e. OEM slave cylinder) unlike the carbonectic ; first impressions on startup is noise, it is none existent on Idle , cruising and WOT . The Pedal has a really nice feel, sprung enough to allow easy modulation (Slippage) but light enough to not impede driveability , if I was to put a number versus stock 10% heavier pedal.

The biting point would be on par with OEM but as she needs to bed , the very odd time at slow speeds she can be grabby; from reading up on these clutches , it will disappear after break in is complete.

To date I would highly recommend this clutch , car is a pleasure to drive and in comparison to an OEM clutch the feel on the pedal with this clutch in my opinion results in a nicer drive.

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

• 1 year later...